Perhaps you’re not a fan of Apple, so you’re here looking for the best Apple Watch alternatives? Some of us aren’t made to navigate the Apple Watch – for some; it can be too complicated or hard to adjust. If you are pursuing something aesthetically different to the Apple Watch, you’re in the right place. We’re providing you with a list of the best Apple Watch alternatives that still hold striking and practical features to give you a great smartwatch experience.
The Apple Watch alternatives that we have provided work just as well with both Android and iOS devices.
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung offers variety when it comes to smartwatch wearables. This includes the Galaxy Watch Active, Active 2, and the famous Galaxy Watch. All great Apple Watch alternatives.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and,...
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get...
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung...
Though it is the Galaxy Watch 4 that stands out in its remarkable visual design and scheme of useful features, its function means that you can use the classic rotating bezel, enjoyed by the masses and allowing you to glide through and between apps with a round AMOLED display.
The feature that truly makes the Galaxy Watch 4 stunner is its health and fitness features. Namely, an (FDA-approved) ECG sensor, blood oxygen monitor, running coach, ability to sync fitness apps and sleep tracking. Also, you can configure widgets and answer calls on your wrist. To make it bespoke to your style, pick from an almost unlimited selection of watch faces and nearly 50 complications.
This comes in under $400. You have two colour choices; Mystic Silver or Bronze. You can also purchase a model that is ever so slightly larger in size for a price of $429, which comes in a classic Mystic Black or Mystic Silver. The Galaxy Watch 3 runs on Tizen OS. Finally, it’s compatible with both iPhones and Android.
- Fantastic design display
- Rotating bezel
- Advanced elements suitable to runners
- Get FDA-approved ECG readings
- Measures sleep, blood oxygen levels, and more stats
- Accepts Bixby voice commands
- It’s not a blood pressure watch just yet in the US – see why this is important
- Battery life isn’t entirely efficient
2. Moto 360 (Third Generation)
Moto never fails to produce timeless and elegant wearables that only enhances their popularity.
- New Sleek Design: The Moto 360 smartwatch is carefully crafted to complement your fashion sense;...
- Use for Longer: Extend your style and comfort with this long-lasting timepiece; The Moto 360...
- Quick Charge In 60 Minutes: Save more time and get your smartwatch from 0 to 100% in 60 minutes with...
The Moto 360 provides you with a round display, giving it with a lasting look. The watch additionally comes with a sports and leather band. Meaning, you can change your look depending on the circumstance – casual or formal.
It’s also entirely water-resistant and has a rapid-charge dock. It is compatible with contactless payments and several other apps like Google Pay, Google Music, Spotify, Viber, and many more.
If you’re a fitness buff, then the Moto 160 app is definitely for you. It features a heart rate monitor, automatic GPS, and easy access to the Google Fit app, which will help you along the way to better health.
The Moto 360 runs on Wear OS and is compatible with iPhones and Android devices.
- Fashionable design
- Fully-charged within 60 minutes
- Delivered with two bands for varied looks
- At around $300, it’s slightly expensive
- Reportedly a relatively short battery life
3. Fitbit Sense
To gain access to premium plans and advanced features, you will have to subscribe to Fitbit Premium for $9.99-per-month.
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a...
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results...
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor tracks yours each night so you can see how it varies. You can...
Nevertheless, The Fitbit Sense wearable is an incredibly apt device, solely created to bridge the gap between users’ mental and physical health for maximum peace and stability in its use.
Priced slightly over $300, the Fitbit Sense is the most expensive you’ll find in the Fitbit family. However, its pronounced layout and effective health system – including sensors to monitor your stress levels, make it a strong Apple Watch alternative.
Of course, because this is a Fitbit, the features of step counting and tracking various fitness measures remain at the heart of its capabilities, in addition to onboard GPS, which means you don’t have to lug around your phone with you on certain outdoor activities. Fitbit is reportedly, testing blood pressure monitoring with the Fitbit Sense.
The Fitbit Sense is compatible with iPhones and Android phones, except a few features of its functionality, though, of the two, it can be limited when paired with an iPhone. Check out our full review and comparison to other Fitbit models.
- Stress-management tools
- Monitor your skin temperature
- Track blood oxygen levels
- Sleep-tracking functions
- Has an ECG app
- Goal-tracking help
- Touchscreen interface takes some getting used to
4. TicWatch E2
The TicWatch E2 is a perfectly functional and solid Apple Watch alternative, but its main selling point is that it’s a Wear OS device you can buy for less than $160.
- Smartwatch for Outdoor Activities - Certified by US Military Standard 810G, the perfect sidekick as...
- 24hr HRM and Build-in GPS - Workout without your phone. Google Fit and TicMotion make it easy to get...
- 5 ATM Waterproof - Your swimming companion with up to 50 meter underwater waterproof.
The TicWatch tracks your steps, gives you access to Google Assistant and Google Fit, shows you notifications, and is 5ATM waterproof rating. Download apps from the Google Play Store and enjoy a heart rate sensor, sleep tracking features, and decent battery life.
The TicWatch E2 Wear OS device is compatible with iPhones and Android devices.
- Affordable price
- Full-featured Android smartwatch
- 5ATM waterproof rating
- Track surfing and swimming
- Two-day battery life
- There’s no NFC, so you can’t use it with Google Pay for contactless payments
5. FirYawee Smartwatch
If you’re after something on a budget, the Willful Smart Watch is an excellent Apple Watch alternative. It doesn’t come with too many features (nor should you expect it to for the cost). However, it does offer some redeeming features. Like long battery life, a sleek design, water resistance, fitness tracking and ease when syncing data. All for under $40. Incredible.
- 【Smart watch for Android Phones Samsung iPhone】The smart watch is compatible with most iOS 8.0 &...
- 【Accurate Fitness Watch】Connected with GPS, Our smart watch records your everyday activities in...
- 【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Monitor】Our FirYawee smart watch can be used as a real-time...
You can get notifications for popular social media apps, check your heart rate, monitor your sleep and keep an eye on your usual daily activities like steps, distance, calories and more.
The FirYawee is compatible with iPhones and Androids.
- Can be found for under $30
- Tracks steps, calories, heart rate, and sleep quality
- Can be used for up to 10 days on one charge
- Stopwatch and “do not disturb” features
- Not much clock face variety
- Notifications can be spotty
- Not as full-featured as other options on this list
6. Michael Kors Access Gen 5 – Bradshaw
The Michael Kors Access Gen 5 Bradshaw is a series of gorgeous watches with a classy design. You can opt for several colours and sizes, including rose gold, bright pink, pave tri-tone and brushed gold, to name a few.
- This Gen 5 smartwatch is powered with Wear OS by Google works with iPhone and Android Phones.
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking, Built-in GPS for distance tracking, Swimproof design.
- Now with a Speaker for audible alerts and taking phone calls, responses from the Google Assistant...
It has a 1.7-inch AMOLED screen, which is bold and bright. Under the hood, you’ll find Wear OS with handy features such as Google Assistant and Google Pay.
You’ll find basic fitness features but be warned; this isn’t a sweat-friendly watch. Never mind that, though, because it comes with breathing and meditation exercises which are far calmer activities.
- Comes in various sizes and styles
- 1.7-inch AMOLED screen
- Wear OS gives you access to Google Assistant
- Michael Kors custom watch faces
- Elegant design
- Battery life isn’t great
- Not the best choice for a fitness watch
Read more on Michael Kor’s women’s watches, here.
7. Umidigi Uwatch GT
- Fitness tracker for men women-UMIDIGI Uwatch GT features a 47mm metal watch face with a 1.3-inch...
- 5ATM waterproof Activity Tracker-this smartwatch supports the industry-leading 5ATM level...
- Smart Watch for iPhone and Android phones-compatible with most iOS 9.0 and Android 4.4 and above...
Umidigi Uwatch GT, which retails for less than $50, is a great Apple Watch alternative for swimmers or any watersports buff. With 5ATM water resistance, you can dive up to 50 meters wearing the smartwatch and stay underwater for 10 minutes. It also boasts a 10-to-15-day daily use battery life, continuous heart monitoring, Google Fit integration, and a variety of cool designs.
The Uwatch GT is compatible with iPhones and Android phones.
- 5ATM-level waterproof rating
- Records data even underwater
- Long battery life
- Data monitoring in 12 sports modes
- All-day heart-rate monitor
- Costs less than $50
- Users say its smartphone interface app, VeryFit Pro, isn’t as useful as it could be
8. Withings Steel HR
The Withings Steel HR is a hybrid smartwatch for those who don’t enjoy the bulky look of a Garmin but do want some basic fitness tracking features. Specifically, it has a minimalist analogue face, but underneath has the tech to offer step counting, sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring and a battery life of up to 25 days.
- DAY & OVERNIGHT HEART RATE - Enjoy heart rate tracking day & night plus continuous tracking during...
- DAILY ACTIVITY TRACKING - Automatically counts steps, calories and distance.
- AUTOMATIC SLEEP MONITORING - Wake to a Sleep Score based on light & deep sleep cycles,...
More, it has smart features too. Namely, it’ll offer notifications from your favourite social media as well as text, emails and calls. No need to look at your phone when you can take a glance at your watch.
The Steel HR is a superb Apple Watch alternative for under $200 and can be used by either iPhone or Android users.
- An analog watch look with fitness-tracking features
- Crown button makes it easy to tap your way through the screens
- Heart rate sensor
- Not bulky
- Fewer fitness features than other devices on this list
9. Garmin Venu 2
The Garmin Venu 2 is among the best sports watches on the market, mixing serious fitness features with a comprehensive set of smartwatch apps for daily use. Its style isn’t revolutionary, because it looks a lot like the original Garmin Venu, but it’s perfect for both workouts and everyday wear, which is a difficult balance to strike.
Its vivid, high-resolution AMOLED monitor is the true star, enabling you to see a large volume of data at once and displaying a plethora of data about your training success and general health right on your wrist. The Venu 2 is one of the finest Garmin watches to date, with thoughtful build and execution.
As a smartwatch, it offers all the nifty features you’d want and expect regarding notifications, etc. It’s enabled for Garmin Pay, music streaming (via your favourite apps such as Spotify and Deezer). Plus there’s an abundance of apps on offer in the Garmin Connect IQ store.
- AMOLED monitor with high resolution
- GPS with high accuracy and a wide variety of fitness apps
- Third-party software selection is restricted.
- Upgrades to the architecture
- Suit your style with a smartwatch that's available in two colors and features a bright AMOLED...
- Know your body better with extensive health monitoring features including health snapshot, Body...
- Find new ways to keep your body moving with more than 25 built-in indoor and GPS sports apps,...
10. Fitbit Versa 3
I’ve had a Fitbit Versa 3 in the past and a lot of people thought it was an Apple Watch at a glance. I’ve also had a Fitbit Sense and my personal preference was with the Versa 3. Though, in and of itself, it’s an impressive tracker with embedded GPS and few style tweaks. However, like its ancestor, it’s more of a fitness tracker than a smartwatch, with just a few productivity tools. What you do get is long battery life, improved display compared to be before, and a slew of health metrics, making this an appealing and inexpensive Apple Watch option.
- Stunning display
- GPS built-in
- Premium-looking design
- Side button with a poor build
- To access enhanced functionality, you’ll need a Fitbit Premium subscription
- There isn’t any offline Spotify support
- 1.59in l x 1.59in w x 0.49in h. You can also get call, text and app notifications, use amazon Alexa...
- Compatibility: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher, Android OS 7.0 or higher, Syncing range: Up to 30ft, Music...
- Built-in GPS + GLONASS, Speaker, Microphones, Optical heart rate sensor, Red and infrared sensors...
We hope you found this list of the best Apple Watch alternatives to be useful! If you’re now wondering if Apple might be the right choice, after all, don’t worry, we’ve compared the models available on the market that might just fit your budget. Head over to our comparison here.
Follow us on social media for the latest smartwatch news and reviews
Last Updated on November 23, 2021