Perhaps you’re not a fan of Apple, so you’re here looking for the best Apple Watch alternatives? Some of us aren’t made to navigate the Apple Watch – for some; it can be too complicated or hard to adjust. If you are pursuing something aesthetically different to the Apple Watch, you’re in the right place. We’re providing you with a list of the best Apple Watch alternatives that still hold striking and practical features to give you a great smartwatch experience.
The Apple Watch alternatives that we have provided work just as well with both Android and iOS devices.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung offers variety when it comes to smartwatch wearables. This includes the Galaxy Watch Active, Active 2, and the famous Galaxy Watch. All great Apple Watch alternatives.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and,...
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get...
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung...
Though it is the Galaxy Watch 3 that stands out in its remarkable visual design and scheme of useful features, its function means that you can use the classic rotating bezel, enjoyed by the masses and allowing you to glide through and between apps with a round AMOLED display.
The feature that truly makes the Galaxy Watch 3 stunner is its health and fitness features. Namely, an (FDA-approved) ECG sensor, blood oxygen monitor, running coach, ability to sync fitness apps and sleep tracking. Also, you can configure widgets and answer calls on your wrist. To make it bespoke to your style, pick from an almost unlimited selection of watch faces and nearly 50 complications.
This comes in under $400. You have two colour choices; Mystci Silver or Bronze. You can also purchase a model that is ever so slightly larger in size for a price of $429, which comes in a classic Mystic Black or Mystic Silver. The Galaxy Watch 3 runs on Tizen OS. Finally, it’s compatible with both iPhones and Android.
- Fantastic design display
- Rotating bezel
- Advanced elements suitable to runners
- Get FDA-approved ECG readings
- Measures sleep, blood oxygen levels, and more stats
- Accepts Bixby voice commands
- No blood pressure reading functionality
- Battery life isn’t entirely efficient
Moto 360 (Third Generation)
Moto 360 never fails to produce some timeless and elegant wearables that only enhances their popularity.
- The new Moto 360 Smart watch - meticulously designed, premium engineering, Wear OS by Google for...
- Exceptional design and durability - Crafted from premium materials: industry leading scratch...
- Quick Charge in 60 minutes - Industry Leading Battery with lightning fast charging in under 60...
Moto 360 provides you with the first-class round face in terms of the display, rewarding it with a lasting look. The watch additionally comes with a sports and leather band. Meaning, you can change your look depending on the circumstance – casual or formal.
It’s also entirely water-resistant and has a rapid-charge dock. It is compatible with contactless payments and several other apps like Google Pay, Google Music, Spotify, Viber, and many more.
If you’re a fitness buff, then the Moto 160 app is definitely for you. It features a heart rate monitor, automatic GPS, and easy access to the Google Fit app, which will help you along the way to better health.
The Moto 360 runs on Wear OS and is compatible with iPhones and Android devices.
- Fashionable design
- Fully-charged within 60 minutes
- Delivered with two bands for varied looks
- At around $300, it’s slightly expensive
- Reportedly a relatively short battery life
To gain access to premium plans and advanced features, you will have to subscribe to Fitbit Premium for $9.99-per-month.
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a...
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results...
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor tracks yours each night so you can see how it varies. You can...
Nevertheless, The Fitbit Sense wearable is an incredibly apt device, solely created to bridge the gap between users’ mental and physical health for maximum peace and stability in its use.
Priced slightly over $300, the Fitbit Sense is the most expensive you’ll find in the Fitbit family. However, its pronounced layout and effective health system – including sensors to monitor your stress levels, make it a strong Apple Watch alternative.
Of course, because this is a Fitbit, the features of step counting and tracking various fitness measures remain at the heart of its capabilities, in addition to onboard GPS, which means you don’t have to lug around your phone with you on certain outdoor activities.
The Fitbit Sense is compatible with iPhones and Android phones, except a few features of its functionality, though, of the two, it can be limited when paired with an iPhone.
- Stress-management tools
- Monitor your skin temperature
- Track blood oxygen levels
- Sleep-tracking functions
- Has an ECG app
- Goal-tracking help
- Touchscreen interface takes some getting used to
Check out our comparison of the Apple Watch 6 versus the Fitbit Sense, here.
The TicWatch E2 is a perfectly functional and solid Apple Watch alternative, but its main selling point is that it’s a Wear OS device you can buy for less than $160.
- DURABLE: US military standard 810g certified makes it resistant to extreme temperatures, shock,...
- ADVENTURE READY: Built-in GPS, 6 smart sports modes, and glass fiber and non-slip button designs...
- WATERPROOF: 5 ATM rating allows you to safely take your smartwatch 50 meters underwater.
The TicWatch tracks your steps, gives you access to Google Assistant and Google Fit, shows you notifications, and is 5ATM waterproof rating. Download apps from the Google Play Store and enjoy a heart rate sensor, sleep tracking features, and decent battery life.
The TicWatch E2 Wear OS device is compatible with iPhones and Android devices.
- Affordable price
- Full-featured Android smartwatch
- 5ATM waterproof rating
- Track surfing and swimming
- Two-day battery life
- There’s no NFC, so you can’t use it with Google Pay for contactless payments
Willful Smart Watch (2020 Version)
If you’re after something on a budget, the Willful Smart Watch is an excellent Apple Watch alternative. It doesn’t come with too many features (nor should you expect it to for the cost). However, it does offer some redeeming features. Like long battery life, a sleek design, water-resistance, fitness tracking and ease when syncing data. All for under $30. Incredible.
- ♥【Smart watch for Android Phones Samsung iPhone】- Compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4...
- ♥【Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Supports 9 sports such as Walking, running, bicycle , Hike,...
- ♥【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】- Automatically monitor your real-time heart rate,...
You can get notifications for popular social media apps, check your heart rate, monitor your sleep and keep an eye on your usual daily activities like steps, distance, calories and more.
The Willful Smart Watch (2020) is compatible with iPhones and Androids.
- Can be found for under $30
- Tracks steps, calories, heart rate, and sleep quality
- Can be used for up to 10 days on one charge
- Stopwatch and “do not disturb” features
- Not much clock face variety
- Notifications can be spotty
- Not as full-featured as other options on this list
Michael Kors Access Gen 5 – Bradshaw
The Michael Kors Access Gen 5 Bradshaw is a series of gorgeous watches with a classy design. You can opt for several colours and sizes, including rose gold, bright pink, pave tri-tone and brushed gold, to name a few.
- This Gen 5 smartwatch is powered with Wear OS by Google works with iPhone and Android Phones.
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking, Built-in GPS for distance tracking, Swimproof design.
- Now with a Speaker for audible alerts and taking phone calls, responses from the Google Assistant...
It has a 1.7-inch AMOLED screen, which is bold and bright. Under the hood, you’ll find Wear OS with handy features such as Google Assistant and Google Pay.
You’ll find basic fitness features but be warned; this isn’t a sweat-friendly watch. Nevermind that, though, because it comes with breathing and meditation exercises which are far calmer activities.
- Comes in various sizes and styles
- 1.7-inch AMOLED screen
- Wear OS gives you access to Google Assistant
- Michael Kors custom watch faces
- Elegant design
- Battery life isn’t great
- Not the best choice for a fitness watch
Read more on Michael Kor’s women’s watches, here.
Umidigi Uwatch GT
- Fitness tracker for men women-UMIDIGI Uwatch GT features a 47mm metal watch face with a 1.3-inch...
- 5ATM waterproof Activity Tracker-this smartwatch supports the industry-leading 5ATM level...
- Smart Watch for iPhone and Android phones-compatible with most iOS 9.0 and Android 4.4 and above...
Umidigi Uwatch GT, which retails for less than $50, is a great Apple Watch alternative for swimmers or any watersports buff. With 5ATM water resistance, you can dive up to 50 meters wearing the smartwatch and stay underwater for 10 minutes. It also boasts a 10-to-15-day daily use battery life, continuous heart monitoring, Google Fit integration, and a variety of cool designs.
The Uwatch GT is compatible with iPhones and Android phones.
- 5ATM-level waterproof rating
- Records data even underwater
- Long battery life
- Data monitoring in 12 sports modes
- All-day heart-rate monitor
- Costs less than $50
- Users say its smartphone interface app, VeryFit Pro, isn’t as useful as it could be
Withings Steel HR
The Withings Steel HR is a hybrid smartwatch for those who don’t enjoy the bulky look of a Garmin but do want some basic fitness tracking features. Specifically, it has a minimalist analogue face, but underneath has the tech to offer step counting, sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring and a battery life of up to 25 days.
- Nokia Health is now Withings. Same products, same team, same commitment to your health. For more...
- HEART RATE MONITORING - Maximize your workouts with continuous heart rate and in-depth reporting...
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY - Up to 25 days battery life on one charge, plus 20 more days on power reserve...
More, it has smart features too. Namely, it’ll offer notifications from your favourite social media as well as text, emails and calls. No need to look at your phone when you can take a glance at your watch.
The Steel HR is a superb Apple Watch alternative for under $200 and can be used by either iPhone or Android users.
- An analog watch look with fitness-tracking features
- Crown button makes it easy to tap your way through the screens
- Heart rate sensor
- Not bulky
- Fewer fitness features than other devices on this list
We hope you found this list of the best Apple Watch alternatives to be useful! If you’re now wondering if Apple might be the right choice, after all, don’t worry, we’ve compared the models available on the market that might just fit your budget. Head over to our comparison here.
If you enjoy our content, follow us on social media for our latest post updates
Last Updated on February 2, 2021