Being a Police Officer comes with its fair share of challenging situations. Finding a watch suits the fast-paced lifestyle and keeps you in touch with the people you need during any situation.
Watches for police officers need to be exceptionally sturdy and durable. Sometimes, cops are in a situation where they need to use reasonable force to keep everyone safe. Even more concerning is the number of police officers who face attacks when they are working. This may come with the job, but you do not want to be constantly left with a damaged watch.
The great news is there is a wide range of watches suitable for a career in policing. We narrowed down the best here so that you can purchase and police with confidence.
On a Budget? Pick the G-SHOCK Black Out Basic!
G-SHOCK watches are an obvious choice because they offer the best shock and water resistance in the toughest conditions. It comes with a solid black casing and a tough and durable strap that is surprisingly comfortable on the wrist.
The watch has a digital display that’s readable in the dark or light but won’t glow during an operation. It is solar-powered, with a stopwatch and countdown timer to keep you fit and active. Plus, if your force uses military time, you can switch the watch to this function. Prefer a larger or smaller watch? This is not a problem was the G-SHOCK range comes with a lot of sizing choices too.
- Check out more of the G-SHOCK range here.
- Shock Resistant, 200 Meter Water Resistant, EL Backlight with Afterglow
- Multi-function Alarm, 1/100 Second Stopwatch, Countdown Timer
- Hourly Time Signal, Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
Need Additional Features? Try the Timex Expedition Chronograph
The Timex Expedition now only offers high-quality shock resistance, but it is water-resistant up to a huge 200m. This means that your watch can support your needs no matter what you encounter in the line of duty. It comes in a black casing and displays date and days so that you can record incidents without error.
You can also use the chronograph when you workout, and there is also a compass, alarm, and timer. The strap is comfortable, and the screen is large enough to read without focusing too much.
- Have a look at a different Timex range, the Indiglo range, here.
- Adjustable black 20 millimeter silicone strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with date window at 4 o'clock; Arabic numerals in increments of 5 up to 60
- 30-minute chronograph measures to 1/20th second
Want Something Extra Special? Try the Citizen Eco-Drive Brycen
If you don’t want the hassle of changing batteries or charging your watch, then the Citizen Eco-Drive Brycen is an excellent choice. It uses light to power up and can even restore its charge from artificial or dim light.
The Citizen watch is a Japanese Quartz watch and comes in a stainless-steel case with a tough mineral crystal window that won’t scratch easily, even in the most difficult situations. It is also water-resistant up to 100m and has a built-in chronograph, luminescent hands, and even a tachymeter bezel. It’s very comfy to wear and looks professional.
- We’ve looked at the Eco-Drive range in more detail here.
- 44mm Case Diameter
- B612, 1/5 Second Chronograph Measures up to 60 Minutes, 12/24 Hour Time, Date
- Japanese-quartz Movement
Prefer German Engineering? Try the GPW Military Watch
This titanium GPW Military watch was first designed for German soldiers. Now, it’s sold worldwide and is a perfect timepiece for any police officer. It is a Swiss Quartz watch and comes in a durable titanium case that is finished off with a strong sapphire window for scratch resistance.
The strap is well-fitting and made of rubber. It’s essential that in a stressful job, to have useful things be comfortable. The hands and markers are luminous, making it easy to read no matter the time of day, and the face offers the date and the time so that you know precisely when incidents occur.
- #1 Most Lightweight Titanium Military Watch available. The watch weighs only 57GR. (2 OZ) without...
- Reliabe Swiss Quartz movement. Day and Date display at 3 o'clock position.
- Extra strong sapphire crystal with anti reflection coating (as required by the German Armed Forces;...
Looking for Something More Refined? The Skagen Connected Hagen May Work
If you want to retain your sense of style but still have a watch that will perform well under pressure, Skagen is an excellent choice. The Connected Hagen made from Titanium is not just a durable offering, but it also gives you the style you are looking for without leaving you vulnerable to breakages.
The watch is water-resistant to 100m, works with a smartphone app to provide you with notifications via the hybrid screen, and protects with a mineral crystal window for the ultimate in scratch resistance. Plus, if you love to listen to music or need to be contactable without anyone noticing, then the hybrid options will deliver every time.
- Read more about the Skagen brand here.
- Looks like a watch, acts like a smartwatch. Smartphone notifications, activity tracking, custom goal...
- Charging not required, estimated 6 months battery life based on usage; a gentle buzz lets you know...
- Case size: 42mm; Band size: 20mm; imported; water resistant to 100ft (30m); grey titanium case with...
A Different Option to Wrist Watches
If you are not keen on wearing an expensive watch because of the risk of damage, why not consider a clip watch instead? These watches are wearable anywhere and can often be found on the belt loop of law enforcement personnel.
They are not only reliable and provide excellent timekeeping, but they often come with a built-in torch to help you get additional light on a situation when you need it the most!
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in China
Getting the Right Watch for Your Police Duties
Many Police Officers accept that no matter what watch they wear, there is a reality that it may get damaged or broken when things get tough at work. In fact, most officers would only ever recommend buying something cheap that can be easily replaced.
However, being able to rely on your watch can mean the difference between getting your job done well or not, and so we think that investing in a watch that meets your needs is the best way forward instead. Take some time to check out the watches we have suggested, and you will notice that the level of shock resistance and durability on offer is well worth the expense. Buying one of these will make your hard job just that little bit easier!
- Whilst you’re thinking about watches great for the emergency services, why not have a look at the best pick for nurses here.
Last Updated on October 19, 2021
A top of the line copywriter with more than a decade of writing experience with many high-end and diverse multinational clients. Lots of experience and interest in writing about technology.
Currently living a rural life in South Yorkshire, and devoted to work. Owner of Anglo Content writing services.