Garmin has been a prominent name in the world of fitness technology. Known for producing top-notch smartwatches that cater to the needs of both athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The Garmin Vivoactive series has been a standout, and the latest iteration. The Garmin Vivoactive 5, promises to raise the bar even higher. In this article, we will provide a thorough review of the Garmin Vivoactive . We will compare it to its predecessor, the Garmin Vivoactive 4. And explore how it stacks up against competitors in the fitness smartwatch market.
The Vivoactive 5: Key Features
- Design and Build Quality: The Garmin Vivoactive 5 retains the sleek and modern design of its predecessor. With a round face and robust build quality. It offers a choice of different case materials, including stainless steel and polymer, catering to varying style preferences. The always-on, sunlight-readable display is a touch larger, offering an immersive experience.
- Health and Fitness Tracking: The Vivoactive 5 takes health and fitness tracking to the next level with enhanced features. It offers advanced sleep tracking, Pulse Ox, Body Battery, and menstrual cycle tracking for women. Making it a comprehensive health companion. The wrist-based heart rate monitor continues to be highly accurate.
- Workout Modes: With preloaded sports apps and over 40 built-in workout modes, the Vivoactive 5 covers a wide spectrum of activities, from running and cycling to yoga and swimming. For golf enthusiasts, it offers detailed golf course maps and tracking features.
- Battery Life: Garmin is renowned for its impressive battery life, and the Vivoactive 5 doesn’t disappoint. It offers up to 11 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 19 hours in GPS mode Ensuring you stay connected and active without frequent recharging.
- Smart Features: In addition to its fitness capabilities, the Vivoactive 5 functions as a robust smartwatch. It supports smart notifications, music streaming, contactless payments, and even has a built-in voice assistant, making it an ideal companion for daily life.
Garmin Vivoactive 5 vs. Vivoactive 4
To understand the improvements in the Garmin Vivoactive 5, it’s essential to compare it to its predecessor, the Vivoactive 4:
- Design: The Vivoactive 5 maintains the stylish and comfortable design of the Vivoactive 4, with improvements in display size and materials used. It’s still an excellent choice for those who want a smartwatch that seamlessly transitions between workouts and daily wear.
- Health Tracking: The Vivoactive 5 adds more advanced health tracking features, including menstrual cycle tracking and Pulse Ox. These were missing in the Vivoactive 4. These additions enhance its utility as a comprehensive health companion.
- Battery Life: Battery life remains impressive in both models, with only slight variations. The Vivoactive 5 offers slightly better battery life in GPS mode, while the Vivoactive 4 provides a more extended battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Smart Features: Both models share similar smart features, such as notifications, music control, and contactless payments. However, the Vivoactive 5’s added voice assistant is a notable improvement in terms of convenience and interaction.
Garmin Vivoactive 5 vs. Competing Brands
In a fiercely competitive fitness smartwatch market, the Garmin Vivoactive 5 faces tough competition from brands like Apple, Fitbit, and Samsung. Here’s how it compares:
- Apple Watch Series 9: The Apple Watch Series 9 boasts an impressive ecosystem of apps and seamless integration with iOS devices. However, the Garmin Vivoactive 5 excels in fitness tracking and offers longer battery life, making it a better choice for dedicated fitness enthusiasts.
- Fitbit Sense: Fitbit Sense is a strong competitor in health tracking, particularly in terms of stress management and EDA scanning. However, the Vivoactive 5’s wide range of preloaded workout modes and golf features give it an edge for active individuals.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6: The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a similar set of fitness and health tracking features, and it shines in terms of customization and compatibility with Android devices. However, Garmin’s superior reputation in GPS tracking and rugged build quality make the Vivoactive 5 a strong competitor.
With a price starting at $299, the Vivoactive 5 is definitely a good option for the fitness enthusiasts.
The Garmin Vivoactive 5 is an impressive fitness smartwatch that builds upon the strengths of its predecessor, the Vivoactive 4, by introducing advanced health tracking features and added convenience through voice assistant integration. While it faces stiff competition from leading brands like Apple, Fitbit, and Samsung, its robust fitness tracking capabilities and exceptional battery life make it a standout choice for those who prioritize their health and active lifestyles. If you’re in the market for a fitness smartwatch that seamlessly combines style, utility, and durability, the Garmin Vivoactive 5 is worth serious consideration.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with our latest articles
Last Updated on November 3, 2023
My passion for watches started when I got my first Rolex. It was 35 years ago when I managed a franchise of Domino’s Pizza. The Rolex was an incentive for achievements. Since then I have been collecting, learning, using, and trying different watches for my day-to-day activities and hobbies.
I love Sports, not only from my couch but participating in many kinds of sports. I love playing basketball, tennis, soccer, diving, windsurfing, and more. My peace of mind activity is my Goldwing. And enjoying good music played from my smartwatch to my earphones inside my helmet is the optimum relaxing ride…
I am also a volunteering senior medic and an instructor. Teaching about Blood Pressure, ECG, Blood Saturation, and more.