These days, a watch is much more than just a timepiece. Smartwatches offer a host of features. Don’t know which to pick? Have a look at some of the top luxury smartwatches for men in 2020.
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung is a heavyweight in the high-end smartwatch industry. Its newest offering is the Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch 3. Marking a change of name from the previous Samsung Gear, the change ties the watch closer to their smartphones and tablets.
Featuring sleek lines and an elegant appearance, it comes in two styles a thickset 45mm silver version and a discreet 41mm black variant. Charging is wireless. It features LTE connectivity and an intuitive screen. This watch combines lots of features and top of the line smart functionality.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and,...
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get...
- HOLISTIC HEALTH MONITORING: Use your Galaxy watch to record ECG for 30 seconds similar to a standard...
It offers fitness tracking and heart rate monitoring. A daily assistant and compatibility with third-party apps like Strava, Uber, and Spotify. The new Galaxy Watch is undoubtedly one of the top luxury smartwatches for men on the market.
- AMOLED touch display
- Gorilla DX+ glass
- Tizen OS 5.5
- Dual-core Exynos 9110, 1.15GHz processor
- 8GB of storage
2. Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar
- Solar powered multisport GPS watch uses a Power Glass solar charging lens and custom power manager...
- Train with a rugged yet sophisticated watch, featuring an always-on 1.3” display and a titanium,...
- Track surfing sessions with a new dedicated activity profile, and even use Surfline Sessions, which...
This solar beauty is something to behold. A huge 1.4 inch display (which is significantly bigger than its predecessors) has the ability to harness energy from the sun for a power boost.
You get advanced heart, pulse ox, altitude acclimatisation and sleep readings. It offers advanced training functions, too, like pace advice and VO2 Max based estimates for effort. Especially great for skiers; enjoy over 2000 preloaded resort maps.
- Preloaded maps for offline use
- Garmin Pay
- 21 days battery life
- Smart notifications
- Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity
- Military-grade resistance to water, shock and temperature
3. Apple Watch Series 6 (NEW)
The Apple Watch Series has always been the best smartwatch you can buy. The new 6 is no different. It carries all the best things about the previous version over. Plus, it still looks fantastic. It could even save your life. It has the ability to detect irregular heart patterns and send an SOS.
You can take voice calls and make voice commands. You can get all your notifications and reply. Apple Pay lets you spend almost anywhere. You get 18 hours battery life and that covers a range of health, fitness and heart rate tracking. If you’re an iPhone user, it’s the only watch to consider.
- Stylish design
- Excellent, in-depth health and fitness features (including ECG, o2, sleep)
- Immense onboard storage (32GB)
- Always-on display
- Built in Cellular
- Family Setup
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
4. Garmin Fenix 6X Saphire
If you like a rugged, utilitarian watch, the Garmin Fenix 6 will not fail to excite you.
Built for the outdoors and an active lifestyle, the Fenix 6 offers heart rate and bloody oxygen monitoring. You also get advanced sleep-tracking and altitude acclimation features. There’s also training load balance, training status and running and cycling dynamics. Essentially, everything about the 6 has been enhanced from the 5. There’s a also a solar variant available now.
The navigation capabilities for creating and following hiking routes are second to none. The always-on display is 18% bigger than the 5. You still get on-board music storage and Garmin Pay.
Compatible with iPhone and Android devices, this luxury watch is a great choice for outdoor fitness enthusiasts.
- Readable in sunlight
- Power manager for ultimate battery performance
- Bigger always-on display
- Garmin Connect Mobile compatibility
- Music storage
- Connect IQ
- Advanced heart rate estimate and sleep tracking
- Fit for performance with rugged, sophisticated design that features a big 1.4” sunlight-readable...
- Enhanced estimated wrist heart rate and Pulse Ox to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude...
- Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity...
5. Montblanc Summit 2
Montblanc Summit 2 is a true classic, a luxury men’s smartwatch that shouts refined style.
Premium materials and attention to detail blend in this sleek timepiece so might be mistaken for a traditional watch. Curving perfectly around your wrist, it leaves no awkward gaps. It won’t look out of place when matched with a formal outfit.
A quality leather strap makes it comfortable to wear. Despite its minimalist look, Summit 2 resists shocks and scratches. Whilst it may not come with lots of apps, it’s fully customisable from the Play Store. A generous AMOLED screen is easy to view. The face remains fully animated when the watch goes into ambient mode.
The fitness features and activity tracking won’t satisfy performance athletes in the way Fenix 6 does, granted. It will please those who want to track regular gym workouts. And several apps, including World Timer, Timeshifter, and Travel Info and it’s useful for travellers, too.
Montblanc Summit 2 is a classic luxury men’s smartwatch that exudes refined taste.
- AMOLED display
- Wear OS by Google
- 8GB storage
- Several designs and material combinations
6. Michael Kors Access
Michael Kors is a fashion icon. Its Access Runway won’t disappoint men looking for a sleek, luxurious smartwatch. It combines an iconic silhouette with next-generation technology brilliantly.
Classic lines and a black-tone stainless steel case look amazing on the wrist. Slightly smaller and lighter than the other watches on this list. It impresses with a 41mm diameter face that looks good anywhere.
Powered by Wear OS by Google, Access Runway smartwatch offers various payment methods. It syncs with your devices and incorporates multiple fitness features.
Pool-ready with its swim-proof technology, the Runway has a reliable daily assistant and fitness tracker. Its battery drains faster than other watches mentioned here but given the price that’s an acceptable downside.
There’s no doubt, the Access Runway is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a luxury smartwatch on the less-expensive end of the scale.
- AMOLED display
- 4GB memory
- Stainless steel and silicone strap
- Wear OS by Google
- Gen 5 smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit to track your at-home workouts; Built-in GPS for...
- This is one smart watch - Make the most of your down time with a smartwatch that helps with every...
7. Breitling Exospace B55 Connected
Breitling has done wonderful things by adopting technology into the luxury watch market. This black titanium case beauty comes with all the features divers and aviation specialists alike will love.
Water-resistant to 100m with all the timer markings for peace of mind during a dive or flight. There’s a perpetual calendar, countdown and up timers, up to 7 alarms and two timezones.
The ‘connected’ term refers to Bluetooth, which, when paired with an iOS or Android smartphone, opens this watch up to a world of additional features. Notifications are delivered seamlessly. Customisation is available.
For a more in-depth review, head here. To learn more about the brand, try here.
- Water-resistant to 100m
- Highly customisable
- App compatible
- Brand New, Below Retail Price & Guaranteed Authentic
- Volcano Black Dial with Blue Hands
- Chronograph Feature with Lap & Flight Times
8. Garmin Delta D2 Aviator
You don’t have to be a pilot to appreciate the Garmin Delta D2 Aviator. Available in three sizes and styles. It has a classic aesthetic that is reminiscent of a traditional aviator’s watch but under the skin is unrivalled functionality.
Aviation enthusiasts will love the mapping, waypoint reference, and flight logging features. Fitness fanatics will appreciate the training meters, fitness monitoring, and daily activity trackers. Because of the materials used, this smartwatch is built for extra-rugged durability. It can come with you wherever you’re going, on land, sea or air.
A wealth of customisable functions include Garmin Pay, so you can pay for purchases even if you’ve left your wallet at home. A soft and flexible silicone band offers utmost comfort and it’s easy to replace with a stylish leather one. Whilst it doesn’t have Samsung’s connectivity, the Delta D2 aviator knows how to satisfy its users.
- AMOLED display
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Up to 12 days of battery life
- 16GB memory
- Music storage
- Premium GPS aviator watch with dynamic color mapping, NEXRAD weather (when paired with a compatible...
- Synchronize with your Avionics for enhanced GPS navigation and mapping data
- Smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone) help you keep in touch on the go,...
9. Fitbit Versa 3
You get all the great features of the Fitbit Versa 2, with the addition of a GPS built in. Additionally, you get a silicone band for free and three months free trial of Fitbit Premium. This generates your data into a custom plan for improving your health and fitness.
- Alexa Built In
- GPS Built in
- Advanced sleep scoring and insight
- Compatible with Spotify
- Large and clear display
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- 6+ days of battery life
- Smart notifications (and reply for Android users)
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free—and see your real-time pace & distance—with built-in GPS....
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when...
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
10. Suunto 7
This is a watch for busy people. If you need a smartwatch that is sporty but can keep up with you on a day-to-day basis too, the Suunto 7 is perfect.
It combines fitness with smart features. You can access offline maps for outdoor adventures with all the smart convenience you’d expect from a Wear OS device.
- 70 sports modes
- Google Fit / Assist / Pay / Play
- Free offline maps
- 50m water-resistance
- A versatile smart watch and GPS sports watch in one, combining Suunto’s sports expertise with...
- Smartwatch features that make everyday life easier: Help from Google Assistant, quick payments with...
- 70+ sport modes, for running, cycling, swimming, skiing and more; daily steps and calories; connects...
11. Samsung Watch Active 2
Keeping the minimal and modern aesthetic, the Active 2 is a great watch. It offers a more slender option compared to its Galaxy Watch sibling. You’re able to take it on runs and also enjoy all the smart features you’d get from an Apple Watch 5.
It comes in either 40 or 44mm at 10.9mm thickness. You get a big and bold OLED display that can be read in all lighting conditions. For peace of mind, there’s a 50ATM water-resistance rating, so you’re safe to shower in it.
- Solid iOS alternative
- Google Pay
- Bluetooth and Wifi connections
- Barometer, gyro, light and HR sensors
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace...
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in...
- Keep your beat you can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2 Get...
Other alternatives include the Movado connect 2.0 and also the Tag Heuer Connected Modular 41 and 45. We will publish a review of these watches very soon so stay tuned.
Summary of the top luxury smartwatches for men
Whether you want a minimalist smartwatch with basic functions or something packed with features and compatible apps, there are luxury smartwatches for men capable of satisfying all a big boy needs.
It’s advisable to find the smartwatches you like in a shop and physically try them on. Play with the features and you’ll be in an educated place to pick the model that suits you the best. Happy shopping!