Teenagers are all over the latest tech. If your son or daughter is asking for the most up-to-date devices, it can be difficult to know which smartwatches to choose. There are lots of models on the market today, but not all are ideal for the teenage needs.
Young people want access to a fully functioning device that looks stylish and youthful, but which still allows them to accomplish all of the activities that they demand. Activity tracking, the ability to receive and answer notifications, and a host of other features are very important to young smartwatch wearers.
Which watches do teenage boys and girls need?
Fitness tracking, waterproofing, resilience, could also be a requirement for the fit teen. Step counting is really helpful when your teen boy or girl wants to follow their activity level. Sleep tracking could be very important at this growing age.
Price is also a serious consideration here. While most teens could fancy a cool Apple or Samsung watch, parents may be looking for a functional and stylish yet still an inexpensive watch option. Some watches also offer standalone features which enable answering and making calls or texts possible even without a phone nearby. When there is a phone handy, watch compatibility with android or iPhone is a consideration.
So how can parents be sure of making the right purchasing decision for their teen boy or girl? With this dilemma in mind, here are some of the very best smartwatches for teenage youth which are on the market today.
1. Xiaomi Mi Band 6
The Mi Band 6 is a new, popular, and relatively inexpensive alternative for teens. It comes with lots of cool band colors and options and also features many of the features you could find on other smartwatches listed here.
The Mi Band 6 features a large, 1.56-inch color AMOLED touchscreen display with a high pixel density and good brightness. This screen is 50% larger than the previous Mi Band 5. It can track all your fitness activities, control your music devices and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. It’s a light smartwatch that can easily be worn by teens and adults alike.
- Larger Screen-Upgrade 1.1" AMOLED screen.The display area is increased by about 20% compared to the...
- Support 11 professional sports modes-outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming...
- New Charging Method---Magnetic Charging. Start charging as soon as they touch. Charging time less...
With the Mi Band 6, you are able to change your screen skin to pre-built templates or design and upload your own. It’s a pretty cool watch and you can read all about it in our launch preview. It’s also a relatively cheap and affordable option.
Pricing and feature-wise this could be the ideal smartwatch for youth. It is a very popular choice indeed that is both cool and also a perfect match for a teen watch.
2. Honor Band 6 Smartwatch
The Huawei brand is well-known for its high-tech solutions and. Its 1.47-inch HD AMOLED touchscreen enables the wearer to view each detail clearly. This device has is slim and lightweight. You’ve got everything you need at a glance on the home screen. Further menus allow you to easily navigate its features.
It has nearly 100 workout profiles so it’s a great wearable to encourage and support sports. One of the top features of this smartwatch is its running coaching function (which was also available with earlier models). This covers beginner level up to advanced, while the many different sports modes offer more functionality.
Water-resistant up to 50m, this device helps wearers to identify then improve their strokes with a SWOLF score being provided after swimming. When paired with an Android or iOS device, this waterproof watch allows the wearer to receive notifications on their wrist.
Because of the price range, mass appeal, abundant features, and quality design, this smartwatch could be an excellent choice for teenage girls or boys. We’ve written an article just about how to two sixes (above) compare…
- [1.47-inch AMOLED large screen]: HONOR Band 6 Smart Watch Fitness Tracker is equipped with a...
- [14-day ultra-long battery life and fast charging]: The HONOR Band 6 fitness watch adopts magnetic...
- [24-hour blood oxygen and heart rate monitoring] HONOR Band 6 Smart Watch Fitness Tracker monitors...
3. MorePro – great for boys and girls
Low-cost smartwatch packed with a lot of features. The More Pro brand seems like the up-and-coming rising star in the smartwatches tech world with reasonably priced watches for all. It offers 18 Sport modes, Music control, Sleep tracking, and SpO2 sensors.
- 👉Unique Wearable HR: Provides you professional HR analysis; simply rest your fingers on the...
- 👉1.14-inch IPS Color Screen: No bulky but bigger and brighter HD screen than ever. Easier and...
- 👉24/7 Health Monitor: The updated sleeping monitor not only for the general night detecting but...
- Attractive Price
- Wide functionality and compatibility
- Apple like design
- Fitness features
- Excellent choice for a fit teen
- Build quality (not on par with luxury brands)
- Apps – can be improved.
4. Pebble Time
This smartwatch comes equipped with everything that most teenagers want from their devices. It has an integrated 24/7 heart rate monitor together with a smart fitness tracker. This monitors the number of calories burned and steps walked. It even has a sleep tracker to measure deep sleep, as well as voice command functionality via an inbuilt microphone.
Even better, teens can reply to their messages and record notes as well as display their phone notifications easily. For keen swimmers, this watch is water-resistant to a depth of 30 meters. It can be worn in the pool or in the shower without any worries. It even has a battery life of up to seven days, so it won’t need to be recharged too regularly.
The color display is nice. You can choose from thousands of watch faces and apps in the Pebble App store.
Best features at a glance
- On screen notiﬁcations for events, text, emails and calls.
- Health monitoring and reporting
- Built-In microphone for voice notes and quick replies which works with common iPhone apps and Android apps, including WhatsApp.
- The world's lightest and thinnest smart watch. Probably the most comfortable too. At 7.5mm thin and...
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly insights
- Full suite of Pebble features, including timeline calendar alerts, notifications, and silent alarms
5. Fitbit Versa 3 – For the modern Boy
The Fitbit Versa 3 may be aimed at the adult market, but it could be the ideal choice for any teenage boy or girl. Thanks to the array of impressive functions it offers. Its 24/7 heartrate monitoring functionality and sleep monitoring functions are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to tracking your wellness. There are also more than 15 different exercise modes to supply work-out stats in real-time. We also think for the price difference, it is better to get the Versa 3 rather than the 2 in this case since the price difference is not that big.
The Fitbit Versa offers access to a host of finance, fitness, sports, and social apps. Furthermore, the Fitbit App itself allows you to record menstrual cycle details. The battery life is relatively long at around four days, while the case is light and slim making it great for all-day wear. If you have an Android smartphone, you can receive notifications, texts, calls, and respond. It’s water-resistant down to 50m too.
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free and see your real-time pace & distance with built-in GPS. Then...
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when...
- Better track heart rate 24x7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology....
6. Mobvoi TicWatch S2
The Mobvoi brand is becoming known for its high-quality, affordable smartwatches and the TicWatch S2 is a great example. This is a robust and long-lasting device. It is resistant to high temperatures, shock, dust and, being water-resistant to 50m, it’s ideal for swimmers. It also comes with inbuilt GLONASS, GPS, and Beidou so the wearer can enjoy receiving real-time statistics of their activities and performance.
This watch tracks swimming, running, and sleeping patterns while the integrated heartrate monitor tracks your heart rate 24/7. Its Wear OS operating system gives the user access to favorite Google Play Store apps. In addition, the Google Assistant function can be accessed directly from the wrist.
- DURABLE: US military standard 810g certified makes it resistant to extreme temperatures, shock,...
- ADVENTURE READY: Built-in GPS, 6 smart sports modes, and glass fiber and non-slip button designs...
- WATERPROOF: 5 ATM rating allows you to safely take your smartwatch 50 meters underwater.
7. Kate Spade Smartwatch For Teenage Girls
If you have a teenage daughter, she’s sure to love the Kate Spade smartwatch for girls. Designed to be a fashionable choice, this device is powered by Google’s Wear OS software so it works perfectly with Google Play Store apps.
It comes complete with a comfortable silicone band and a protective, 9mm thick case. Water-resistant and with a 24-hour battery life, this watch is a great choice for all-day wear. It keeps the wearer informed at all times by displaying phone notifications and Android users benefit from the ability to respond to email and messages and access to the Google Assistant function.
- Powered with Wear OS by Google. Compatible with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go) and iOS 9.3+. All...
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit to track your at-home workouts; unthethered GPS...
- Make the most of your down time with a smartwatch that helps with every activity. Stay connected to...
The smart activity tracker lets the wearer stay on top of their fitness while controlling music directly from their wrist and customizing the watch to match their outfit, personality, or style. While this is not a cheap watch, it is a stylish and popular choice for teen girls.
8. Fitbit Charge 4 – Great for Girls (and also boys)
Wearables from Fitbit are among the most popular on the market, and the Charge 4 is no different.
Its sensors, data, and utility are superior to those of Xiaomi and Samsung. The GPS tracking feature is a major new feature. For teens (or their parents) who prefer not to run or cycle with their phones, it provides precise tracking and statistics straight from your wrist.
As part of this device, you can also measure your spO2, or blood oxygen levels, and the amount of oxygen you take in at rest. Though this might not be of too much importance to a teen. One of the Charge 4’s best features is its sleep monitor, which is fairly accurate if you want to know how much sleep your teen is getting versus what they say they are.
The device will also display other information such as heart rate, resting heart rate, and breathing rate.
The Charge 4 is water-resistant and has an ATM of 5, making it perfect for recreational swimming. The Charge 4 activity tracker can collect and categorise up to 20 different sports data points, but just the most crucial ones. Again, potentially not that interesting to teens that aren’t super into a given sport.
Overall, if your teen is a health buff, this fitness band is an ideal option.
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more...
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise,...
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn. Syncing to mobile...
9. Garmin Venu Sq
This adolescent wristwatch is the ideal present for any youngster who is concerned about his health. Garmin Venu Sq’s precision keeps you informed about anything he needs to know.
From heart rates to body batteries and stress levels, the wristwatch keeps track of virtually everything. In addition to being compatible with Android and iPhone, Garmin provides a user-friendly mobile app.
The watch’s silicone band makes it pleasant to wear all day. It’s also gentle on skin, so there’s no need to be concerned about allergies or irritations.
The watch is designed specifically for adolescents and fits snugly on the wrist. Even in direct sunlight, the larger touchscreen remains bright and glare-free.
Garmin Venu Sq has 20 pre-loaded applications that let your child to select any mode, such as running or strolling. The sensors are exact, and the information shown on the screen is accurate.
The features that this wristwatch provides are one of the reasons why teens like it. The screen displays call and text alerts, ensuring that the wearer never misses a crucial call or message.
Using Garmin Pay, you can pay without ever using a credit or debit card. With Garmin Connect, you can track your expenses on your watch.
On a full charge, the watch lasts about six days. A menstrual cycle tracker is also built into the water-resistant watch for those teens who menstruate,
Overall, the Garmin Venu Sq wristwatch is an excellent choice for adolescents. The unisex watch has a slew of functions that are ideal for teenagers who are worried about their health.
The watch is simple to use and features a durable construction that prevents scratches and dents.
- [IN THE BOX] - 1 x Garmin Venu Sq (White/Light Gold), 1 x Charging/data cable, 3x Wearable4U...
- [DESIGNED FOR LIFE AND STYLE] - See everything clearly on a bright color display that includes an...
- [MONITOR YOUR HEALTH AND KEEP MOVING] - monitor everything from your Body Battery energy levels,...
10. Michael Kors Access Gen 5 Bradshaw
A great companion for a teenage girls
A Michael Kors wristwatch is perfect for anyone who likes premium brands and wants a watch with many features. With its large and better display, your watch will make you feel like you’re wearing a smartphone.
By downloading the Michael Kors app, you can connect it to your Android device. Other features include NFC, Bluetooth, and a built-in speaker.
You may make and receive calls after linking it to your smartphone. The watch also allows you to use the voice assistant while on the move. MK’s usage of sensors in this watch makes it an excellent option for health-conscious teenagers.
The heart-rate sensor is on all day and provides real-time information on the larger display. Furthermore, the wristwatch allows you to manage music, set alarms, and access the calendar, among other functions.
The interface is fantastic, and even non-geeky teens will have no trouble using the watch. We liked the untethered GPS, which works even if the watch isn’t connected to your phone.
The watch’s battery life is surprisingly good, and it has several settings to extend it. You may even download and save music on it since it has built-in storage.
The MK watch is suitable for both men and women and comes with a variety of watch bands, including metal and silicone. Finally, the watch is extremely water-resistant, and Google Pay may be used to make payments.
- Gen 5 smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit to track your at-home workouts; Built-in GPS for...
- This is one smart watch - Make the most of your down time with a smartwatch that helps with every...
Last but not least we want to mention the new Apple Watch SE which is on the high end of this list and covered in a separate review. You may want to read more on Apple Watch Alternatives here or compare all Apple Watch models to see if one suits your budget. If your child already has an Apple iPhone the combination works great.
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Large Retina OLED display
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3
If you’re searching for the perfect smartwatch for the teenage girl or boy in your life, any of the options showcased here could be the ideal choice for you. Well-designed, affordable, and appealing to the teen market, these devices bring the convenience of wearable technology to the teen market.
Last Updated on October 27, 2021
A top of the line copywriter with more than a decade of writing experience with many high-end and diverse multinational clients. Lots of experience and interest in writing about technology.
Currently living a rural life in South Yorkshire, and devoted to work. Owner of Anglo Content writing services.