Teenagers are all over the latest tech. If your son or daughter is asking for the most up-to-date devices, it can be difficult to know which smartwatches to choose. There are lots of models on the market today, but not all are ideal for the teenage needs.
Young people want access to a fully functioning device which looks stylish and youthful, but which still allows them to accomplish all of the activities that they demand. Activity tracking, the ability to receive notifications and a host of other features are very important to young smartwatch wearers. So how can parents be sure of making the right purchasing decision? With this dilemma in mind, here are some of the very best smartwatches for teens which are on the market today.
1. More Pro
Low cost smartwatch packed with lot of features. The More Pro brand seems like the up and coming rising star in smartwatches world with reasonably price smartwatches for all. It offers 18 Sport modes, Music control, Sleep tracking and SpO2 sensors.
- 👉Heart health & SpO2 Monitor: Arrhy-thmia is the general term for irregular, fast or slow...
- 👉Updated 18 Sport Modes: Run, fast walk, pool swim, open water swim, climb, cycle, aerobics,...
- 👉DIY screen & Music control: DIY screen setting, take the photo of family, pet, landscape as your...
- Attractive Price
- Wide functionality and compatibility
- Apple like design
- Fitness features
- Build quality (not on par with luxury brands)
- Apps – can be improved.
2. Pebble time
This smartwatch comes equipped with everything that most teenagers want from their devices. It has an integrated 24/7 heartrate monitor together with a smart fitness tracker. This monitors the number of calories burned and steps walked. It even has a sleep tracker to measure deep sleep, as well as voice command functionality via an inbuilt microphone.
Even better, teens can reply to their messages and record notes as well as display their phone notifications easily. For keen swimmers, this watch is water resistant to a depth of 30 meters. It can be worn in the pool or in the shower without any worries. It even has a battery life of up to seven days, so it won’t need to be recharged too regularly.
The color display is nice. You can choose from thousands of watch faces and apps in the Pebble App store.
Best features at a glance
- On screen notiﬁcations for events, text, emails and calls.
- Health monitoring and reporting
- Built-In microphone for voice notes and quick replies which works with common iPhone apps and Android apps, including WhatsApp.
- Notiﬁcations at a glance: calendar events, text and emails, incoming calls, and more.
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly...
- Water resistant to 30 meters
3. Fitbit Versa
The Fitbit Versa may be aimed at the adult market, but it’s the ideal choice for any teenager. Thanks to the array of impressive functions it offers. Its 24/7 heartrate monitoring functionality and sleep monitoring functions are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to tracking your wellness. There are also more than 15 different exercise modes to supply work-out stats in real time.
The Fitbit Versa offers access to a host of finance, fitness, sports and social apps. Furthermore, the Fitbit App itself allows you to record menstrual cycle details. The battery life is relatively long at around four days, while the case is light and slim making it great for all day wear. If you have an Android smartphone, you can receive notifications, texts and calls, and respond. It’s water resistant down to 50m too.
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages all with a 4 plus day battery life...
- Use 15 plus exercise modes to record workouts and connect to Smartphone GPS for more precise real...
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and get call, calendar, text, and app alerts....
4. Mobvoi TicWatch S2
The Mobvoi brand is becoming known for its high-quality, affordable smartwatches and the TicWatch S2 is a great example. This is a robust and long-lasting device. It is resistant to high temperatures, shock, dust and, being water resistant to 50m, it’s ideal for swimmers. It also comes with inbuilt GLONASS, GPS and Beidou so the wearer can enjoy receiving real time statistics of their activities and performance.
This watch tracks swimming, running and sleeping patterns while the integrated heartrate monitor tracks your heartrate 24/7. Its Wear OS operating system gives the user access to favourite Google Play Store apps. In addition, the Google Assistant function can be accessed direct from the wrist.
- Smartwatch for Outdoor Activities - Certified by US Military Standard 810G, the perfect sidekick as...
- 24hr HRM and Build-in GPS - Workout without your phone. Google Fit and TicMotion make it easy to get...
- 5 ATM Waterproof - Your swimming companion with up to 50 meter underwater waterproof.
5. Huawei GPS Smartwatch
The Huawei brand is well-known for its high-tech solutions and this GPS integrated smartwatch lives up to the reputation. Its HD AMOLED touchscreen enables the wearer to view each detail clearly. This device has a slim and strong stainless steel shell for extra strength. It also has a ceramic bezel and a DLC coating that makes it even more resilient to damage.
It has an inbuilt heartrate monitor as well as support for three satellite position systems – GALILEO, GLONASS and GPS for faster and more accurate positioning. One of the top features of this smartwatch is its running coaching function. This covers beginner level up to advanced, while the many different sports modes offer more functionality.
Water resistant up to 50m, this device helps wearers to identify then improve their strokes with a SWOLF score being provided after swimming. When paired with an Android or iOS device, this waterproof smartwatch allows the wearer to receive notifications on their wrist.
6. Kate Spade Smartwatch For Girls
If you have a teenage daughter, she’s sure to love the Kate Spade smartwatch for girls. Designed to be a fashionable choice, this device is powered by Google’s Wear OS software so it works perfectly with Google Play Store apps.
It comes complete with a comfortable silicone band and a protective, 9mm thick case. Water resistant and with a 24 hour battery life, this watch is a great choice for all day wear. It keeps the wearer informed at all times by displaying phone notifications and Android users benefit from the ability to respond to email and messages and access to the Google Assistant function.
- Powered with Wear OS by Google. Compatible with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go) and iOS 9.3+. All...
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit to track your at-home workouts; unthethered GPS...
- Make the most of your down time with a smartwatch that helps with every activity. Stay connected to...
The smart activity tracker lets the wearer stay on top of their fitness while controlling music directly from their wrist and customising the watch to match their outfit, personality or style.
7. Xiaomi Mi Band 5
The Mi Band 5 is a popular and relatively inexpensive alternative for teens. It comes with lots of band colors and options and also features many of the features you could find on other smartwatches listed here.
The Mi Band 5 feature 1.1 5inch Color AMOLED touchscreen display with a high pixel density and good brightness. It can track all your fitness activities, control your music devices and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. It’s a light smartwatch that can easily be worn by teens and adults alike.
- Larger Screen-Upgrade 1.1" AMOLED screen.The display area is increased by about 20% compared to the...
- Support 11 professional sports modes-outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming...
- New Charging Method---Magnetic Charging. Start charging as soon as they touch. Charging time less...
With the Mi Band 5, you are able to change your screen skin to pre-built templates or design and upload your own. It’s a pretty cool watch and you can read all about it in our full review.
Last but not least we want to mention the new Apple Watch SE which is on the high end of this list and covered in a separate review.
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Large Retina OLED display
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3
If you’re searching for the perfect smartwatch for the teenager girl or boy in your life, any of the options showcased here could be the ideal choice for you. Well-designed, affordable and appealing to the teen market, these devices bring the convenience of wearable technology to the teen market.
Last Updated on January 18, 2021