These days there are so many brands and types of smartwatches with different features that you’ll want to do your homework before taking your pick. Which smartwatches have the longest battery life? Undoubtedly one of the most import questions you’ll ask. So, if you’re wondering which smartwatch has the longest battery life, you’re in the right place.
The truth about smartwatches and battery life is straightforward. The more features your watch has and the more it looks and works like a smartphone, the more energy it uses.
Apple Watches have tried hard to function like smartphones, consequently, this has done their battery life no favours. Some watches are designed to deliver certain functions better than others. Fitness watches tend to have little to no music or smartphone features but are excellent for tracking your movement over long periods of time.
There are some things you can do to extend your Apple Watch battery life. Check out our article, here.
While some smart and fitness watchmakers are finding ways to make their watches run for longer without needing a recharge, others are not taking this seriously at all. We’ve listed the best smartwatches on the market for their battery life. We interrogate favourites like Apple to find out why, however popular, they aren’t always the best choice. So, here are our choice of smartwatches with the longest battery life
Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar
It’s safe to say Garmin is number one for battery life. The Garmin Fenix 6 lasts more than 120 days depending on how it’s used. In GPS mode it lasts up to to 150 hours and in expedition mode, up to 56 days, depending on how sunny it is.
This is thanks to the introduction of solar charging and better power storage. This makes it a bulky watch that you’ll notice on your wrist. This muscly watch is an attractive option for hardcore adventurers.
Garmin wanted to deliver a premium product for people with a specific need by trimming down other features. This model can store up to 2000 songs, a much-needed improvement on its predecessors. They also added Garmin Pay. Consequently, you can go for a run without your phone.
- Smaller-sized solar powered Multisport GPS Watch uses a Power Glass solar charging lens and custom...
- Train with a rugged yet sophisticated Watch, featuring an always on 1.2 inches display, a...
- Track surfing sessions with a new dedicated activity profile, and even use Surfline Sessions, which...
- best outdoor tracking function
- longest battery life
- pay function
- style is an acquired taste
Mobvoi’s Ticwatch Pro 4G LTE
Secondly, the Ticwatch Pro 4G Lite. Although this smartwatch’s battery only lasts up to 30 days, compared to the Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar’s 120 days, you get a more functionality packed into its stylish display.
However, 30 days of battery life is much longer than most smartwatches. This is thanks to layered display technology, meaning it has two displays – OLED and LED. OLED stands for organic light-emitting diode, similar to TVs, and smartphones. As you can imagine, this display mode uses more battery power than the LED screen. The LED display is activated when you’re not using the OLED display.
This, of course, is optional and can be changed in your settings. If you do change the settings display to OLED only, you’ll have to charge your watch every two days. But this still isn’t as often as the Apple Watch Series 5, which struggles to make it past the 24 hour mark and has the flagship Always On Display. In OLED mode, the Ticwatch Pro has great fitness tracking apps and features like google assistant, power by Wear OS, Google’s smartwatch operating system.
- Upgraded Premium Design - Stylish and functional design with knurled stainless-steel bezel, Corning...
- Long Battery Life - Dual-layered ALOMED/LCD screens and two display mode options, Smart Mode will...
- Cellular Connectivity for Verizon Phone Plan Users - Instant calls and texts, cloud sync...
- Smarter than most fitness watches
- Longer battery life than most smartwatches
- Stylish design
- 2 days battery life in OLED mode
Luxurious and stylish with none of the sporty design features emblematic of so many fitness and smartwatches. The Amazfit GTR consists of a touchscreen and two side buttons. Its battery lasts up to 24 days on a single charge. Although this is less than the Ticwatch’s 4 weeks, it’s still longer than most smartwatches.
It preserves battery without you having to make the choice between basic LED and smartwatch functionality. This is thanks to a built-in setting that turns the watch off when it faces away from you. You can change the setting, but a warning will pop up on the screen saying this will halve your battery life.
- Delicate and Elegant Design: Amazfit GTR comes in a classic design with a touch of modern features....
- Smart sports tracking-includes Smart Sport tracking technology that allows you to record 12...
- 12-Sports Modes: Smart sports tracking-includes Smart Sport tracking technology that allows you to...
Amazfit uses its own light OS and limits apps on the watch to pre-installed native ones only. Not being able to install third party apps might be an issue for some, but how many do you realistically want to use on your watch?
Amazfit’s pre-installed apps are based around fitness and health tracking making it a much more stylish fitness alternative to the Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar, especially if you don’t plan on embarking on very long outdoor expeditions.
- Balance between style and function
- Automatic battery saver
- limited apps
Garmin Fenix 6
This watch gets mentioned tentatively on this list having already featured the solar version. But, hear us out. The battery life is decent for an adventure watch, offering 36 hours in GPS mode, and a whopping 336 hours without using the bells and whistles. Those being a barometer, thermometer, accelerometer, pedometer and gyroscope.
The Fenix 6 is Garmin’s latest release encompassing the most recent Elevate heart rate sensor. This is great for fitness tracking enthusiasts. Utilise the Body Battery, which monitors your energy levels. Advanced sleep and stress tracking are also incredibly useful. Use the constant heart rate monitor to get a great snapshot of your current fitness level.
- Best brand name on the market
- Incredible fitness tracking accuracy
- Exceptional battery life only when using the bear minimum features
Last but not least we want to mention the new Garmin Instinct Solar lineup with several models and looks to choose from. These watches last up to 56 days on a single charge. They look great and offer lot’s of functionality from a brand you can trust.
- [GARMIN FENIX 6X GIFT BOX BUNDLE + INSIDER TIPS PDF] - Garmin fenix 6X Pro Solar Multi-Sport GPS...
- [36% LARGER SCREEN & ALL NEW PACEPRO] - Brand new upgrades for the fenix 5X Plus include a huge...
- [PULSEOX + MAPS/NAVIGATION] - PulseOx tracks the hemoglobin in your blood and assesses your...
Last Updated on December 22, 2020
Emma is an experienced Virtual Assistant and is our Copy and Visual Editor and Social Media Manager. When not working, Emma enjoys life with her little girl, partner and Jack Russell Terrier in the lovely countryside of the South West UK.