Mobvoi has released their latest watch, and shockingly they are not using Wear-OS this time round! The TicWatch GTX makes use of a proprietary operating system, and while it is not as sophisticated as Wear-OS, it has given them the ability to personalise what they offer to their customers. With a whole host of features, this watch may be the perfect choice for your next piece of wrist wear.
What Does the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX Look Like?
The TicWatch GTX is a black device that has a 1.28-inch screen and a 240 x 240 display. It has a colour screen that lights up well when in use and is clear to read so that you are always in the know. There are two crown buttons that you can operate the device with and with a second hand, you will always be able to know precisely how fast you complete your exercise.
The watch is comfortable to wear and is not garish or too large on the wrist, and you can even personalise your watch face from a library of suitable options. The strap is made from Thermoplastic Polyurethane that is 20mm thick and feels surprisingly comfortable on the wrist. In fact, once you have gotten used to it being on your wrist, you will forget it is even there until a notification springs up for you to check.
How Good Are the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX Features?
The TicWatch GTX works hard and offers a good range of features, including the ability to connect to your smartphone and share notifications with you when they come in. It will even help you to find your phone if you ever misplace it!
There are fourteen different fitness workouts that will help you track your runs, swims, bike rides and many more. You can also expect to get information on the state of your heart health, and it will also count your steps, making it a great choice for anyone that wants to understand their fitness better than before.
Away from the fitness features, you can expect to see a torch, time, calls and notifications, stopwatch and even a weather app that you can use wherever you are. However, updating information is purely limited to Bluetooth as there is no WiFi available, nor is there a GPS option to plot where you have been.
Is the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX Good Value for Money?
One of the best things about this watch is that it is really good value and comes in under £55. The reason that it is so cheap is that it does not attempt to contend with the big-name brands but focuses more on offering some great features that will not break the bank!
However, with a low budget does come the need to compromise, and there are areas of this device that could have done with an upgrade. Yes, it offers good fitness tracking, but the addition of GPS would have been better, and yes, it connects via Bluetooth but adding WiFi would have made it more accessible. In reality, if you are looking for a watch that does it all, then this device probably won’t impress you as much as you hoped, but if you want a budget option then it may be just right!
How Long Does the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX Battery Life Last?
When you consider that this watch comes in at such a low price point, you would forgive it for not offering a good battery life. However, instead of opting for a poor battery, Mobvoi installed a battery that comes with around ten days of use in Power Saver mode and seven days of regular use.
The reason the battery is able to last so long is that the operating system is not a highly demanding system, and the tech parts inside the watch also do not need a lot of power to function. This makes it a great watch for everyday use, and you will only need to remember to plug it in every seven days or so!
Pros and Cons of the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX
When it comes to deciding whether to buy a watch or not, you should always consider all the pros and cons before purchasing. To help, we have listed the most significant pros and cons to owning this watch below.
- It comes in at excellent value for money and is perfect on a budget.
- Battery life is up to seven days for normal use and ten days on power saver mode.
- Water-resistant so that you can wear it when you go for a swim without worrying.
- Bluetooth connectivity links your phone to your watch so that you can get all notifications and calls.
- It is comfortable to wear and is not too heavy on the wrist.
- You can customise your watch face from a library of choices.
- It is made from great quality materials and is built to last.
- The operating system is not as sleek as other big name brands.
- No in-built WiFi, meaning you are restricted to Bluetooth.
- No GPS to track your exercise routes.
- Not as many lifestyle apps as there could be.
- The brand is not as well known as others, meaning that there is less likelihood of it offering all the features you may want.
Should I Buy the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX?
If you are looking for a budget watch that provides excellent battery life and a range of apps that help you through the day, then the Mobvoi TicWatch GTX may be the perfect choice! It may not have GPS, WiFi or big brand operating system but what it lacks in these areas it makes up for in price! Give it a try, and we are sure that you will be impressed with how much you can get for your money.
- 【Fitness Smartwatch with 10 Days Battery Life】Up to 7 days of battery life with regular use, up...
- 【Activity Tracking with IP68 Waterproof + Pool Swimming Ready and 14 Exercise Modes】TicExercise...
- 【Smart Sleep Tracking and Heart Rate Monitoring】TicSleep tracking feature measures your sleep...
If you are looking for something top of the range then take a look at our Apple Watch 6 review.
A top of the line copywriter with more than a decade of writing experience with many high-end clients. Lots of experience and interest in writing about technology.
Currently living a rural life in South Yorkshire, and devoted to work.