It’s not a given that you have to pay a lot to look elegant or stylish. There are a plethora of elegant and trendy watch brands for men that cost less than a typical dress watch ($500).
Let’s take a look at the most affordable and stylish watch brands for men.
Since 1883, Alpina has been in the watch market. They are known to be the ones who introduced modern sports watches. The brand has a wide range of anti-shock, anti-magnetic and waterproof watches. They are known for their creative and quality-driven approach to designing their products. Alpina believes in producing most of its layouts in-house.
- Have a look at our review of the Alpiner X Alive here.
Casio is certainly a good name in the world of watches, ranging from sports to formal offerings. You can choose from a variety of attractive leather strap timepieces or sleek steel smartwatches. The wide range from Casio delivers on reliability and elegance besides being one of the most accessible brands in the market.
- Learn more about the Casio brand here.
- Black resin sport watch featuring shock resistance, comfortable resin strap, and multi-function...
- Quartz digital movement with accuracy of +/- 15 seconds per month
- To prevent accidental adjusting of settings,the top left button on this watch is designed to be...
Citizen is always a step ahead when it comes to precision. Moreover, watches are very reasonably priced compared to other big names. Their Eco Drive line of watches, charged by natural or artificial light, shows that they are an environmentally conscious company, too.
- Find out more about the Eco Drive range here.
- Round watch featuring unidirectional bezel and blue dial with date window at 4 o'clock and luminous...
- Eco-Drive technology is fueled by light and never needs a battery
- 48 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
G-SHOCK by Casio is certainly the one for you if you’re an adventuresome person looking for something a little more rugged. By nature, G-SHOCK watches are meant to be durable, as they are both water and shock-resistant. Engineers called them the “unbreakable watch” due to their tough layout and structure.
- Read an in depth review of the G-SHOCK range here.
- Case/bezel material: resin, shock resistant, 200m water resistance, led light (super illuminator),...
- Full auto-calendar, 12/24-hour format, analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds)),...
- Quartz Movement
The iconic red second hands-on Mondaine watches have almost become their trademark all over the world. Aside from that, Mondaine is known for its plain Swiss railway watches with easy-to-read dials. Mondaine, while remaining affordable, aims to design timepieces that are simple, elegant, and creative.
- We look at Mondaine watches in more detail here.
- Swiss quartz movement
- Durable mineral crystal
- Case diameter:36mm
In 1881, the foundation of Movado was laid in the countryside, La Chaux-de-Fonds. It holds the reputation of somewhat a horologist capital. They have concentrated on carrying out the legacy of fine Swiss vintage timepieces. From the start, they are known for their up-to-date designs and advanced technology at a reasonable price tag, keeping in mind the Swiss heritage.
- Read more about Movado watches here.
- COMPOSURE AND STYLE: Movado BOLD innovation meets modern design, time with a new attitude.
- RESILIENT DESIGN: Movado Bold Thin, 42 mm black ion-plated stainless steel case, black Museum dial...
- REFINED SWISS ENGINEERING: Quartz movement provides precise timekeeping and minimal maintenance for...
If you are an admirer of Rolex but can’t afford it, Seiko is there for you. Seiko, one of the most prominent watch brands globally, offers a variety of watches whose dials and hands are comparable to those found in high-end stores but with somewhat a more informal appearance. Seiko also manufactures its quartz watches and produces everything in-house.
- 41 hour power reserve, LumiBrite hands and indices, screw down, see-through caseback, unidirectional...
There is a misconception that Skagen is a low-key Scandinavian brand. In fact, it’s a Fossil affiliate, which is an American brand. Their elegant and articulate designs have a strong Scandinavian influence. They produce the finest sober timepieces but are still distinctively crafted.
- We look at the Skagen Falster 3 in more detail here.
- This X by Kygo Falster 3 Smartwatch boasts an interactive, swimproof touchscreen and a range of...
- Get things done on the go with help from the Google Assistant on your wrist. Ask it anything and...
- A battery-efficient dial design provides up to 24 hours of use on a single charge, and the...
Stuhrling makes some of the most iconic watches on the market. This is the mark for you if you like being get noticed. Delivering sterling, innovative concepts at even more game-changing costs is their aim. Furthermore, this Brooklyn-based brand avoids using lavish ads in favour of making its products self-evident.
- Learn more about the Stuhrling brand here.
- EDGY STYLE: Eye-catching looks are both impressive and functional.
- GENUINE LEATHER BAND: Supple, stylish, and comfortable genuine leather band with stainless steel...
- EASY TO READ DIAL: Luminous hands, numbers, and markers allow you to tell time in the dark, Date...
Swatch is a Swiss watch firm that produces unique, trendy, and forward-thinking timepieces. The brand has successfully captured the youth through its low prices, creative and bold technology, and styles.
- If Swiss watches interest you read more here.
- Collection: BIG BOLD CHRONO
- Watch Size: 47 mm round case with push/pull crown
- Water Resistance: Up to 100 feet
Timex makes some of the most desirable, ingenious, and inexpensive, casual timepieces available. They’re not only stylish and come with customisable straps, but they’re chronographs also. So, you get first-class versatility and style for a fraction of the price.
- We reviewed the Timex Metropolitan here.
- Adjustable green 20mm nylon strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with date window at 3 o'clock; full Arabic numerals
- Gray 40mm brass case with mineral glass crystal
In 1853, Tissot launched the first dual-timezone pocket watch. They were also the first to assemble anti-magnetic and pocket watches in bulk, manufactured from plastic, quartz, wood, and mother of pearl. Tissot watches are sleek and of top standard, with a known for creativity.
- We look at some further Tissot watches for men here.
- Stainless steel case, black leather strap, secret date, quartz
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Swiss-quartz Movement
Victorinox is not only restricted to outclass Swiss army knives but also produce a wide variety of high-end fancifully mid-range watches. They’re just as sturdy on the inside as they are on the outside because of the lightweight titanium used. Their timepieces are noted for their clean, appealing appearance, straightforward functionality, and longevity.
- Take a look at the Victorinox brand in more detail here.
- Round watch with 12- and 24-hour markings featuring luminous hands and date window
- 43 mm plastic case with mineral dial window
- Swiss quartz movement with analog display
If you are considering a more extravagant spend then have a look at our luxury watch brands for men here.
Follow us on social media for the latest smartwatch news and reviews
Last Updated on October 19, 2021