A fashion watch isn’t like other watches. It says something; it tells a story about who you are. Typically, a fashion watch is defined as one made by a fashion brand. One that isn’t a watchmaker, and more a designer that chose to extend their product line to watches. With this in mind, if you’re looking for something with accurate movements or the latest smart features, this isn’t the category for you. However, if you’re looking for something that will command attention, we’ve got a selection of the best fashion watch brands in 2021.
We’re going to talk about some of the most well-known brands in the fashion watch market. What you probably don’t know is that the majority of them on this list are actually part of the Fossil Group: Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Guess, Emporio Armani and many others you probably didn’t even know about.
So, let’s begin!
Let’s begin with an obvious one. Michael Kors is a fashion designer from America, famous for clothes, jewellery and other accessories.
The brand’s collection has various options in many different styles, from traditional timepieces to smartwatches.
To start, there’s the mini and petite for women, leading up to larger oversized watches for men, such as the delectable Slim Runway stainless steel Quartz. In between these, you’ll find mid-sizes for unisex options or those with no need for a specific wrist size.
Overall, Michael Kors watches are subtle, sophisticated and classy.
Typically, Michael Kors watches float around the $250 level.
- From jet setting adventures to the 9 to 5 grind, the iconic Slim Runway watch collection by Michael...
- Featuring a 44mm case size, 22mm band size, hardened scratch-resistant mineral crystal glass, 3 hand...
- Round sunray dial; Slim profile 12mm case. black plated bracelet with a brushed and polished finish....
- From jet setting adventures to the 9 to 5 grind, the iconic Brandshaw Mini watch collection by...
- Featuring a 36mm case, 18mm band width, scratch-resistant mineral crystal glass, Quartz movement...
- Round stainless steel case with a silver dial. silver stainless steel bracelet with deployant...
Kate Spade is synonymous with New York. Founded in 1993, this fashion brand has made a decent name in the watch industry. Again, with a background in clothes and handbags.
There are plenty of options to pick from, and they’re cost-accessible. You can pick up a Kate Spade for under $100. More recently, the brand has released hybrid and even smartwatches like the New York Scallop.
Whichever you go for, Kate Spade watches are fun. They’re bold and make use of popular colours for women like rose gold, gold and pink. For the price point, which is around $100 – $250, you get a decent build and quality materials.
- Smartphone notifications, Activity tracking, check the weather, set different time zones, make lists...
- Android users will find additional features such as: respond to text and emails, send smart replies...
- Band & Case Material: Stainless Steel; Band & Case Color: Rose Gold; Case Size: 42 mm; Case...
MVMT is a brand from LA (which already tells you everything you need to know about how fashionable it is). Known for producing some decent Quartz timepieces as well as, you guessed it, accessories. Only founded in 2013 but acquired by Movado three years ago, this brand builds an excellent reputation. In fact, their brand is growing at break-neck speed.
If you like a simple minimalist look, MVMT is a great choice for you.
Budget-wise, expect a price tag of around $150. A great example from MVMT belongs to the Duet Collection, the Rose gold stainless steel women’s chronograph with unique sunken subdials.
- Menswear made chic. The Juliet is a tailored and timeless 38mm women's dress watch, with travel...
- FINELY CRAFTED MOVEMENT- Battery powered 6 hand chronograph
- DURABLE AND WATER RESISTANT- Weatherproof up to 5 ATM/50 Meters. Perfect for carefree everyday use...
Here’s a brand you’ve probably heard of! If not, where have you been living? This is, first and foremost, a luxury clothing brand, but the fashion house has extended its offerings to fashion watches for both men and women.
Founded by the legend that is Giorgio Armani, there are a few brands under the founder’s name, such as, of course, Giorgio Armani, Armani Exchange and Emporio Armani. As such, there’s no typical look when it comes to any of the brands, but you’ll always find the logo on the dial.
Despite being a multinational, multi-million dollar company, their watches are surprisingly affordable. For example, the Emporio Armani Men’s Quartz Chronograph Dress Watch is under $140 and looks far more expensive than that.
- Movement chronograph
- Durable mineral crystal helps protect watch from scratches
- Analog-quartz Movement
We couldn’t ignore Guess if we’re creating a list of the best fashion watch brands. The American company has built somewhat of an empire since its conception 40 years ago. Firstly known for expensive jeans, Guess is now equally well-known for its watch collections.
Offering watches for both men and women, Guess offers a glamorous look, often featuring Swarovski crystals and cases in gold-tones.
The best part is, you’ll find the price tag doesn’t stray too far from $100 and often, under.
We love the 36mm multichain bracelet watch as an example of how much of a statement you can make if you opt for a Guess fashion watch.
- GOLD-TONE DIAL
- Features: Second Hand
- 37 MM CASE SIZE with DURABLE MINERAL CRYSTAL that protects watch from scratches
From brassy and bold to quintessential vintage British. Daniel Wellington is an up and coming Swedish brand founded only ten years ago but has sold over 6 million timepieces worldwide.
Similarly to MVMT in terms of success, Daniel Wellington’s popularity started online. The backstory of where the name comes from is quite heartwarming.
When it comes to the style of DW watches, they’re unmistakable. Minimalist and beautiful. Round faces, little detail and sensational colour combinations. You’ll find all kinds of strap materials from leather, silicone, mesh and more. The most famous, though, is their NATO bands, as seen on the Classic Glasgow.
Budget-wise, expect between $150 to $250.
- Designed in Sweden, Daniel Wellington timepieces feature minimalist Scandinavian style and are the...
- Signature rose gold double plating on 316L stainless steel
- 40mm dial in eggshell
Here we come to Fossil itself. When we think of Fossil’s style, we think of leather cuff bands, Roman numerals and outdoorsy-looking timepieces from the 90s. However, today, Fossil is one of the best fashion watch brands in the world.
Take the Men’s Neutra Stainless Steel Quartz Chronograph, which costs under $100 and is comparable in looks to the Breitling Navitimer Super 8, which is 330x the price.
Fossil is perhaps the most standout on this list because, where other brands offer watches as an additional revenue stream, Fossil is watch-focussed.
The brand makes watches for men, woman and unisex options, from retro, Casio-looking digital watches, wooden watches and diamond, gold and silver toned options. When it comes to fashion, it really depends on your definition of the word, but Fossil has something for you (even smartwatches).
Most Fossil options cost under or around $100, but this goes up when you start introducing better quality materials and technology.
- Fossil is inspired by American creativity and ingenuity. Bringing new life into the watch and...
- This 44mm Neutra features a green sunray dial, chronograph movement and a luggage leather strap.
- Round stainless steel case, with a green dial. 44mm case, 22mm band width, hardened mineral crystal...
Hamilton is a Swiss-made watchmaker that sits a little higher in price than the rest of this list, but just before you get to the luxury level.
Hamilton offers superb quality watches with exceptional designs, especially compared to others around the $500 price mark.
More known for being designed with aviators in mind, but you tell us the Men’s H24515551 Ventura Analog Display Automatic Self-Winding Watch isn’t making a bold statement that says you know style. That’s because Hamilton’s other home is in Hollywood films.
- Silver skeleton dial
- Brown leather strap
- Automatic-self-wind movement
Read more about Hamilton watches, here.
Larsson and Jennings
We don’t think fashion watches necessarily have to mean household names. Larsson and Jennings are similar to Daniel Wellington, but they offer fashion-conscious, slim watches with minimalist Swedish style. Uncluttered dials and accurate Quartz movements for men and women.
If you like rectangular watches, you’ll want to check them out. In fact, if you really like them, we have a great article for you here.
Larrson and Jennings watches are typically made of good quality metals and give off the impression of luxury without the price tag. All watches in their collection are sub $200.
- LJXII represents the balance of modern and classic; two opposing identities that come together in...
- This Larsson & Jennings watch boasts a stainless steel case, and scratch-resistant mineral flat...
- Interchangeable Milanese Strap, with an easy-to-use spring bar pull pin. Can be switched out for a...
Did you know that back in the 1960s, a third of all watches sold were produced by Timex? Probably not, why would you? America certainly recognised that Timex gave a lot of bang for your buck. The brand prides itself on offering sincere value for money and high-quality timepieces. As such, they’re also known for great innovation.
Timex has a longstanding reputation and is a commonplace name in shops. As such, you’d be forgiven for not thinking much of it, having been exposed to the name time and time again, kind of like with Rotary watches. However, dig around, and you’ll find some fascinating looks, limited editions and even collaborations.
Simplicity, durability and budget-friendly, sure. Fashionable? Absolutely.
- Silver-tone 12mm stainless steel expansion band fits up to 7.5-inch wrist circumference
- Silver-tone dial with silver-tone markers
- Silver-tone 25mm brass case with mineral glass crystal
That concludes our list of the best fashion watch brands to look out for in 2021. We’ve covered some of the obvious players and thrown in a few lesser-known ones for fun. We’ve given some flavours for men and women, so make sure you read our other articles to learn more about the brands we’ve mentioned.
If you enjoy our content, follow us on social media for the latest smartwatch news and reviews
Last Updated on March 8, 2021