Apple Watch is an advanced smartwatch, but sometimes it’s the simplest features, such as setting Apple Watch alarms, that prove most valuable.
Having an Apple Watch alarm saves you from getting out of bed to snooze your iPhone, but it also prevents you from waking up your spouse (kids or pets).
But how can you set an alarm on your Apple Watch and make it louder or quieter? In the sections below, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know, including how to set timers for naps on your wrist.
Use your Apple Watch to set an alarm
Although Apple Watch alarms seem to be easy, there are a few things to keep in mind before getting started. To begin, keep in mind that anything you set on your phone will also appear on your Apple Watch and that turning it off on one device will automatically turn it off on the other.
However, if you want to set separate alarms and keep everything on your Apple Watch, you may do so. If you want it to be quiet, make sure your Apple Watch is set to silent mode — and vice versa if you want it to be audible. Although we state quiet, the Apple Watch alarm will vibrate (providing haptic feedback) when set to this setting.
Simply push the side button to deactivate the alert. Simply tap the Digital Crown to snooze the alarm for another nine minutes.
Add a new alarm to your Apple Watch
1. On your Apple Watch, open the Alarms app.
2. Select Add Alarm from the menu.
3. Set the time by turning the Digital Crown to the desired hour, then tapping on the minute area and twisting it again.
4. Tap AM or PM to specify the time for the alarm, then apply to add it to your alarm list.
Temporarily delete or conceal an alert on the Apple Watch:
1. On your Apple Watch, open the Alarms app.
2. Press the switch to the right of the time to turn off the alarm. You may then return at a later time and reactivate the same alert.
3. To completely remove an alarm from the list, select it, scroll down to the delete tab, and touch.
Set an alarm on your Apple Watch with Siri
Asking Siri to set an alarm is the fastest way to do it, of course.
You can do this by raising your Apple Watch near your lips (if raise to speak is enabled) and telling Siri to set an alarm for [the time you want].
The alarm will be set right away.
Set a Bedtime for Apple Watch
Most of us use alarms to wake up, so consider using Apple’s sleep monitoring instead of going directly to the Alarm app on your Apple Watch.
Both the iPhone and the Apple Watch include a function that allows you to set different sleep and wake-up hours for each night of the week.
Half an hour before bedtime, iPhone and Watch switch to low-power Bedtime mode so you can relax and get ready for sleep.
Open the Health app on your iPhone to get started.
1. Launch the Health application.
2. Go to Browse and choose Sleep.
3. Select Edit Full Schedule from the drop-down menu, or Add Schedule from the drop-down menu.
4. Use the slider to set your bedtime/wake-up schedule, which is set to 8 hours by default.
You can also adjust how you’re woken up in Bedtime mode. With the Apple Watch, you have the option of setting a silent alarm, which is similar to waking up to an audio alarm.
On the Schedule, click the Wake-Up alarm link at the bottom. Turn this on, then choose Sound & Haptics. For an alarm, you may choose between vibrating and calming sounds. If you want to use the haptics to set a quiet alarm, simply dial the volume down to the lowest setting.
How to set up Bedside Mode on Apple Watch
Apple Watch Bedside Mode
Using an Apple Watch as a bedside clock is an excellent alternative to using it to monitor sleep. This way, you can charge your watch overnight, too.
This is when your Apple Watch shows the date and time, the charge %, and a symbol indicating any possible alarms you’ve set, as seen in the picture above.
To enable Bedside Mode, go to the Settings app, choose General, and enable Nightstand Mode.
When the smartphone is on its side and charging, you may access the Bedside screen by tapping the screen or pressing the Digital Crown or side button.
How to set a timer on Apple Watch
How to use Apple Watch to set an alarm
There is a little more complexity involved in setting an alarm on the Apple Watch than setting a timer, but it’s still easier than setting any other tool. You can use the Apple Watch to set up timers, whether you want to sleep after work or simply monitor your cooking:
1. On the Apple Watch, open the Timers app.
2. Select minutes or hours, then adjust the timer with the Digital Crown.
3. Press the Start button.
4. You may pause or cancel the timer while it is running.
5. When the timer expires, you’ll get an alert on your wrist, which you may reject to make it go away.
We hope that’s shed some light on how to utilize alarms and timers better on your Apple Watch. We know a lot more than that. Check out our top Apple Watch tips and tricks next!
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with our latest articles
Maygen is a multifaceted writer, proofreader, and experienced smartwatch industry writing and editing professional.
We appreciate her work, contribution to our blog, marketing skills, editing, and expert writing abilities which are second to none.
Truly adept in content strategy and content creation which has immense contribution to our blog.