It’s easy to get swept away by all the latest technology. Before you consider spending hundreds of pounds why not see if a Fitbit Charge 2 could offer all you need?
Fitbit is great at producing fitness trackers that double up as watches. Tracking options monitor and analyse every step. Read on to find out why we think a Fitbit Charge 2 is still a great choice for fitness fanatics and anyone looking to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Fitbit Family
The Charge 2 joined the Fitbit family in 2016 when it was touted as an upgrade to the Charge HR. The Fitbit family is a large one and there are many choices for you to consider. Especially now the Fitbit Charge 3 has been released with the capability to take it swimming.
However, the Charge 2 offers solid tracking. It’s low in price, easy to set up and works well at understanding what you are doing and the impact it is having on your body.
Fitbit Charge 2 Design
The design of the Fitbit Charge 2 isn’t revolutionary. It’s more focused on comfort than standing out from the crowd. The screen is bigger than the previous Fitbit models. This makes it easier to understand your stats. Especially as you can display your step counter on the face to keep on top of how far you have to go.
There is a range of Fitbit straps on sale. You can update your look to suit any style with little effort. It has a touchscreen that responds to your taps to move through each option. There is also a button that will help you navigate your way to the items you want.
Fitbit Charge 2 Capabilities
- Sleep Tracker to monitor your sleep patterns and count the amount of shut-eye you manage to get each night. Furthermore, it shows you what times you were restless.
- Water Resistance so you can wear it when running in the rain, but not when swimming.
- Step Counter so that you can keep an eye on how many steps you are managing each day. Charge 2 comes with 10,000 steps as standard goal. You can change this to your own personal step goal whenever you want.
- Connects to your phone for GPS and notifications so that you can track exactly where you have been and keep in touch with what is happening on your phone without having to stop and check it.
- Guided Breathing is a great way of bringing your breathing back into line after exercise or when you are feeling stressed.
- Heart Rate Tracker that is always monitoring you so that you can have a clear oversight of how your heart is performing, day and night.
- Multi-Sport tracking that includes running, walking, biking, weight training and many more. You can accurately map out what you have been doing to achieve your fitness goals every day. It has pause and resume options for all workouts and the watch can automatically track when you start and stop your exercise.
- Alarms can be programmed to go off via the vibrate function, keeping you focused on any deadlines you need to work to.
In addition to the watch features, you will also have access to the Fitbit app which is free to use and helps you to understand how your body has responded to what you have done to it. Get your average resting heart rate or check out your step counter. Take up a competition with other Fitbit users or just login to sync your watch. The app really is easy to use and is a great free feature.
Fitbit Charge 2 Battery
The Fitbit Charge 2 boasts a battery life of up to five days. It’s easy to hook up to the charger and isn’t bulky so it can sit unobtrusively on your bedside table. Charging time is fast and the device can be plugged into the wall or charged via a USB.
If you are wondering what to do next then we would absolutely encourage you to go ahead and buy a Charge 2. It’s such a good value watch that comes with so many excellent features and should not be ignored just because it’s been around a while. We don’t think you’ll regret it.
Last Updated on