Garmin’s Approach range has been popular with golfers for some time. The new Approach S62 is a game-changer with its amazing GPS, maps and features that will make it simple to track everything you do on the golf course
When Was the Garmin Approach S62 Released?
Garmin has only just announced the new Approach S62, and it’s an exciting new watch for any golf fanatic out there. Imagine a watch that has more than 41 thousand course maps ready along with outstanding GPS and a huge range of features that will track everything you do when you are swinging your clubs.
It starts at £479.99 and whilst many people will see that as a huge expense it is worth considering the value this watch can bring to your game and your everyday life. It is built to last, and when you have bought it, we are certain it will remain on your wrist for years to come.
What Features Does the Garmin Approach S62 Come With?
The reality of this watch is that it is probably one of the best on the market right now. It has a crystal clear 1.3-inch full-colour display that is larger than previous models. There is a raft of quality features that will get your game going! We’ve listed a few below to give you a taste of what to expect:
- PlaysLike Distance – will help you to adjust your yardages, compensating for the uphill and downhill shots and helping you to get precision perfected.
- Hazard View – gives you the option to check out all the hazards on the map to get all the info you need to avoid trouble when playing.
- Virtual Caddie – is the perfect partner for your game as it will recommend the club you need based on the hole you are playing. It even takes into account your previous club performance and wind information. With this caddy, you are certain to have every shot set up perfectly.
- PinPointer – to help you set up when you have a blind shot to take, showing you the precise direction to the pin.
- Green View – a great feature that shows you the shape of the green and lets you drag the pin to the exact location that you want to reach. It gives you the best yardage accuracy ever.
- Autoshot – will both record and measure the distance each shot you take.
The Approach S62 app works as hard as the watch and will let you know what the stats show when you are playing. Imagine getting your handicap index, your hit and miss percentages and the green regulation percentage direct to your wrist. This is exactly what you can expect with the app and watch combination – there really is nothing left to guesswork when you have an S62.
If you love to compete with other players, then you can use the app to challenge friends all over the world and find out who really is the best player out there.
Is the Garmin Approach S62 Just for the Golf Course?
The great thing about this watch is that whilst it is a fantastic choice for the golf course, it is also brilliant for everyday wear too. You can look forward to getting your emails and texts delivered to the screen as well as being able to pay for the post-game drinks right from your watch.
There are other exercises that you track using the watch so you can go for a jog, swim or cycle and know that all those stats will be added to your tracker. You will also be able to use the blood oxygen sensor and heart rate monitor to check your stats whenever you want.
You can also expect a great battery life that will make this watch a great option for everyday wear. With 20 hours of non-stop GPS use or up to 14 days without GPS, you can see why many people are choosing to wear this all day long. Garmin is well known for its excellent battery offerings, and the Approach S62 is no different from the others.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the Garmin Approach S62?
This is a serious golf watch and has so many great features, but we wanted to let you know the best and worst parts of the Garmin Approach S62.
- A huge amount of golfing features to help you perfect your game on the course
- Notifications direct to your wrist so that you know what is happening all the time
- Exercise tracking for other sports to help keep you fit and healthy
- Pay directly from your watch when you get to the 19th hole
- Full-colour display to make looking at maps easier than before
- Great battery life with it lasting 20 hours when GPS is activated and up to 14 days when it is not.
- It’s a pricey watch at £479.99
- Not all exercises can be tracked specifically
Should I Buy the Garmin Approach S62?
When you are considering buying a new golf watch you would be crazy not to consider the Garmin Approach S62. It will track and monitor your health and share those stats with you so that you can check your progress. It lets you pay for things and interact via leader boards with other players. You can even track exercises other than golf.
What it really excels at is golf, and by wearing it, you can expect to excel too. By making good use of all the integrated features, you can expect to enjoy playing every hole without the worry of blind shots or wind interruption. This watch has been built with the golfer in mind and will work as hard as you do on the green so that you can bring your A-game every day of the week.
Last Updated on February 12, 2021