Have you ever wanted a flight system on your watch? It might be time to try an aviator watch. Garmin’s new D2 Air X10 is here to guide you through every flight.
If you’re looking for a watch with aviation tools, this new launch is here to help. Released on the 8th of February 2022, the D2 Air X10 is designed to help pilots navigate the skies with ease. Garmin has specifically tailored each new feature for a hassle-free on-wrist experience.
Whether you’re a professional pilot or fly as a hobby, this watch will improve your flying experience. Keep reading to find out all you need to know about this new aviator watch launch.
What Does The D2 Air X10 Offer?
It’s not surprising that the D2 Air X10 comes with modern new features. Garmin’s D2 range is already the go-to aviation watch for most pilots, so the design team has ensured that the next model will offer all they need.
Compared to the previous D2 models, here are the new features for this Garmin smartwatch:
- Voice Control. Don’t worry about using your hands; the latest D2 watch lets you speak while on the go. This is ideal for any pilot that keeps busy while on the job. The D2 Air X10 is compatible with Google Assistant, Bixby, and Siri.
- On-wrist phonecalls. Tired of carrying your phone everywhere you go? This D2 model has been updated with the ability to take and make calls at the push of a button.
The latest D2 watch shows some similarities to the Garmin Venu 2 Plus. This is great for those that have experienced the Venu before or prefer sleek designs. Unfortunately, like the Venu, the D2 Air X10 doesn’t offer any new maps or avionics. The Venu 2 sits at a lower price point of $449.99.
This aviator watch also comes with a range of flight-optimized features. From airport weather reading to flight logs, the D2 Air X10 is here to improve your flying experience. The watch also offers navigation optimized for airports and real-time runway information.
What Else Does The Aviator Watch Provide?
The D2 range is optimized to keep aviators equipped with intelligent features and health monitoring alongside the latest updates.
When you choose a D2 watch, you can take advantage of:
- Smartwatch features. From Garmin Pay to music apps, these watches support your daily life.
- High-quality health monitoring. These sophisticated health trackers include Body Battery, Pulse Ox, heart rate monitors, and women’s health tracking.
- Fitness tools. Make sure you stay fit when you’re on the ground. The D2 range comes with over 25 sports apps, plus downloadable apps from the Garmin Connect app. When using a Garmin watch, you always have 1,400 exercises at your fingertips.
What’s The Price?
The watch is available now from Garmin’s online store and various other third-party retailers. Frequent flyers can find this exciting watch for sale, starting at $549.99.
Though this watch sits above the prices of other watches in the Garmin range, it’s equal to the recent Fenix 7. Prices for this famous smartwatch also start at $549.99. However, these span to $999.99 for premium models.
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re ready to upgrade to an aviator watch or not, you’ve got to admit this latest Garmin launch is impressive. The D2 Air X10 is ideal for pilots with standard smartwatch features and added aviation features. However, the watch does lack new maps or avionics, so make sure you consider this before buying.
Want to stay up to date with the latest smartwatches? Find our news section here.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with our latest articles
Last Updated on March 28, 2022
Isobel is a freelance copy and content writer who regularly contributes to Superwatches. Well-versed in all the ins and outs of the smartwatch industry. Isobel specializes in Fashion and design and is a First Class fashion design graduate.
Currently lives in Bournemouth, United Kingdom.