Timex is internationally renowned for their traditional timepieces, and finally they have released their first smartwatch for fitness fiends all over the world. If you want a watch that can track every move you make and offer GPS, then this may just be the smartwatch you’ve been dreaming of.
We’ve certainly got the low down of this new smartwatch and have to say that we are impressed that Timex has avoided the pull to replicate the big-name smartwatch brands. Instead, you can look forward to a retro-looking smartwatch that will not break the bank. Check out our guide to help you decide if this is the smartwatch for you!
Who Was the Timex Ironman R300 GPS Designed for?
Firstly, this watch was made with avid sportspeople in mind. It offers a huge range of tracking capabilities to fit a range of interests and will feed all the data back into the companion app ready for you to analyse at a later date. It also offers GPS so that you can be certain that you have accurately tracked your movements and find out the length of each fitness session you take part in.
It’s also a great choice for anyone that likes the idea of getting a watch from a stalwart of the timekeeping family. Timex has gone to great lengths to produce a smartwatch that looks different from its competitors and offers reliable tracking to suit a range of lifestyles and interests. They have also worked hard to keep their costs at an absolute minimum, allowing their customers to get a great watch at an amazing price.
What Fitness Features Does The Timex Ironman R300 GPS Offer?
This smartwatch can track a wide range of activities and is water-resistant up to 30m so that you can even take it when you are swimming laps to help track your progress. Any smartwatch that utilises the word Ironman in its name needs to offer lots of great fitness features to win over athletes that may be interested in it.
In addition to the fitness tracking, you can also enjoy the guided training plans that allows you to work out to a predefined fitness plan that aims to get you in the best shape you’ve ever been in. These plans cover running, triathlon training and even cycling so that whatever your sport of interest is, you can monitor how well you are doing in it.
All your stats are displayed neatly on your wrist so you can check on your progress whenever it suits you. If you have used it before for an activity, the next time you do it, you will be given your previous personal best to compete against, and when you finish training, your watch will tell you by how far you beat or missed it so that you can track your progress accurately.
What Non-Fitness Features Come With the Timex Ironman R300 GPS?
If you are keen to see what this smartwatch offers away from the world of fitness, then you will not be disappointed. You can check and monitor your heart rate, so you know how well you are holding up and can even track this in the app to see how you develop over time.
You can even use this model for an alarm clock on your wrist that will wake you or give you a nudge when you need to be reminded of a task that needs completing. Other features include the ability to take calls from your watch and find out the weather so that you know what to expect when you head out on your next training session.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the Timex Ironman R300 GPS?
This watch comes packed with features, but there are some gaps in what it offers, take a look at our pros and cons to help you decide whether you want to buy one or not.
- The price is fantastic, especially when you consider how much it packs in for what you are being asked to pay
- The information display is clear and easy to see in all weather conditions
- You can track your PB and get information delivered to your wrist so that you know how well you are performing compared to your last attempt
- You can enjoy guided fitness plans to help hone your skills along the way
- Alarms can be set to go off directly on your wrist, so you do not need to have your phone with you at all times
- Notifications are delivered directly to your wrist so that you know what is happening in the world even when you are mid-workout
- The GPS tracks accurately every time
- The watch display can be distracting when you are trying to concentrate on other things
- The vibration function does not turn off
- The software is not as technically brilliant as with its more expensive competitors.
- Sometimes there is a lag between your exercise and it being shown on the screen, which can be frustrating if you want to see how you are doing during a workout.
Should I Buy a Timex Ironman R300 GPS?
Ultimately, there are so many reasons to get hold of one of these smartwatches that we would be crazy not to recommend it to you. Yes, it may not offer all the supped up features that you expect from the more expensive brands, but it does offer solid tracking and is wholly focused on ensuring your fitness improves over time.
This smartwatch looks great on your wrist and will withstand all you throw at it during your day to day activities. We are certain that you will not look back if you purchase one and suggest that you take the time to read all the instructions before you put it on so that you get the best experience possible from this brilliant device.
Last Updated on April 22, 2021