What are the best wear OS smartwatches? Wear OS is the Google operating system designed to be used with compatible smartwatches and aims to rival Apple. If you’ve decided that Wear OS is the operating system for you then you will need a smartwatch that meets your needs. We have reviewed some of the best on the market to help you decide.
Fossil Gen 5
With the Fossil Generation 5 Smartwatch you can enjoy phone calls right from your watch and chat with Google Assistant whenever the mood takes you. When in Time Only mode you can expect your battery to last for weeks but this diminishes the more you use other features.
It is comfy to wear and has two side buttons so that you choose whether to use the touchscreen or not. The Fossil Gen 5 is probably one of the best Wear OS watches on the market today and is well worth considering as it starts from only $204.
The Fossil Generation 5 is a beautiful watch that offers great performance and a whole load of features to help make your life easier.
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones. Case size: 44mm;...
- Battery: 24 Hr + multi day extended mode **Varies based on usage and after updates install**. USB...
- Heatlh and fitness: Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance...
The Suunto 7 has many awesome features for a keen fitness enthusiast. Specifically, you can track your heart rate and see the results in Google Fit. More, you can track over 70 sports and keep track of your personal bests!
- Suunto 7: This versatile smart watch combines Suunto's sports expertise with smartwatch technology;...
- Make Life Easier: Compatible with both Android and iOS phones, the Suunto 7 is powered by Wear OS by...
- Get Connected: Connect to your favorite sports apps and services from the Suunto app to get more...
Are you looking for a budget-friendly smartwatch that provides you with all the necessary features? TicWatch E2 delivers on price and has the latest Wear OS software ready for you to use. Starting at £145.99 ($187) the watch boasts a waterproof design and battery that can last two days between charging.
The downsides are that the design isn’t as stylish as the competition and you won’t be able to use Google Pay. However, the fitness tracking is great and if you swim it can track your pool lengths to save you counting as you go.
The watch is comfy to wear and allows you to change the straps so you can change the style quickly and easily. The display is easy to read and the screen is colourful. It’s a great choice if you don’t want to leave a big dent in your wallet.
- Full Function Wear OS Smartwatch - Google Play Store allows you to choose from a wide range of your...
- Get Connected at a Glance - Stay in the moment with smart ways to receive notifications and see...
- Swim-ready Water-resistant - Your swimming companion with up to 50 meter underwater waterproof (5...
LG Watch Style
The LG Watch Style is a solid choice in the Wear OS market. It’s a stunning watch made from stainless steel and is incredibly thin at just 10.8mm.
Starting at $113 it is small in price and the watch is smaller than most smartwatches so it’s a great choice for anyone who doesn’t fancy a large timepiece. It is very stylish and has a timeless design that keeps it popular with smartwatch users.
The watch has a crown that rotates so that you don’t need to use the screen but unfortunately it doesn’t come with GPS so not a great choice if you were hoping to track your movements.
Fossil Gen 4
If you want to combine sports tracking and the smartwatch capabilities of Wear OS then the Fossil Gen 4 is a great choice. It has a range of features such as a heart rate sensor, GPS and fitness tracking so that you can get the most from each workout.
The clear screen makes it easy to tell the time or make your purchases via Google Pay and it looks great on your wrist. The price starts at only $195 and the battery life is great; combined with its lightweight this helps to make the Fossil Gen 4 not only a great fitness tracker but a great all-round smartwatch.
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof...
- This is one smart watch - receive smartphone notifications and app alerts, manage your calendar,...
Misfit Vapor X
The Misfit Vapor X couldn’t be left off our list as it is an amazing watch with some great features, the latest processor and it works well with Google Pay.
It has a modern look and its colourful display makes it easy for you to keep track of what you have been doing. It also tracks your heart rate so you know the effect of each activity you enjoy.
Battery life isn’t the best out there and it will need regular charging each night – but don’t let this put you off as it’s a sleek smartwatch.
So, here you go, we’ve covered the best Wear OS smartwatches. Wear OS may not be as popular as other operating systems but this may work to your advantage. The features of Wear OS are great and the price tag is typically smaller than other brands meaning that you get a great watch at a much smaller price.
There is a wide range of watch options available to you – so if you prefer small and sleek or big and chunky there are watches that will make you smile.
There is no need to compromise on internal features either and the Wear OS is the perfect partner to the beautiful and brilliant smartwatches we have listed.
Last Updated on January 17, 2021
Emma is an experienced Virtual Assistant and is our Copy and Visual Editor and Social Media Manager. When not working, Emma enjoys life with her little girl, partner and Jack Russell Terrier in the lovely countryside of the South West UK.