When the Huawei Talkband 1 came out, it sold itself on the ability to offer both fitness tracking and Bluetooth connection. Although it may have been overtaken by other, more modern wearables this fitness band still has a lot to offer. We’ll take you through all the features so that you can decide whether to spend your hard-earned cash on one or whether to move on to a newer version.
Who Should Buy the Huawei Talkband 1?
If you want a wearable that resembles the better known Fitbit, then this may be an excellent choice for you. It is certainly cheaper than a Fitbit and claims to do more than its opponent. However, it’s only good if you are not an avid sportsperson because it was designed more for daily wear rather than extensive fitness tracking.
What Fitness Tracking Does the Huawei Talkband 1 Offer?
As this is an older model, you will notice it certainly doesn’t offer the range of fitness features that we have all come to expect. However, if you are looking for a band that counts your steps and helps to motivate you to hit your step goal, then this is a great choice. It is accurate and will show you your progress on the screen whenever you want it to.
In addition to the basic step counting, the Talkband 1 can also tell you your distance travelled as well as the number of calories you have burned, making a great companion for those of you that want to be more active track your progress as you go. The calories burned are only an estimate, so this is not the band for you if you want something that is accurate for you as an individual.
Can I Make Calls From My Huawei Talkband 1?
This is where it all gets a bit crazy as Huawei have not just incorporated the ability to take calls from your band but made a fitness band that converts into a Bluetooth headset! This may sound surreal, but the reality is much more straightforward! You simply wear your Talkband 1 and when you need to take a call, you just pop the headset out of the band’s cradle and place it in your ear.
The Bluetooth headset works in the same way as any other Bluetooth headset on the market; the only difference is that when your call is over, you slot it back into the wrist band and carry on with your day, tracking all the steps you want to make. The quality of the calls are precisely the same as any other Bluetooth headset, and while you may look slightly outdated, you will be able to rely on this model to deliver your handsfree calls clearly so that you can continue with the task at hand.
Is the Huawei Talkband 1 a Good Purchase?
Certainly, the Talkband 1 is an excellent purchase if you are looking for the basics at a budget price. It doesn’t do much in the way of fitness tracking but will log your steps over the course of each day. It does offer some other features that may suit your requirements and help you to understand your daily and nightly movements.
Take the sleep tracking feature; you can get feedback that tells you how well you slept and for how long. It even tells you whether the sleep you had was light or deep so you can see if you are managing to get all the required time in, leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to go. Furthermore, if you aren’t great at getting up on time, you can even use your Talkband as an alarm that will vibrate on your wrist and gently wake you at the time of your choosing.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Owning a Huawei Talkband 1?
As with any type of fitness tracker or smartwatch, you can expect the Huawei Talkband 1 to offer many aspects that impress you as well as a few that cause you frustrations. We have put together the main pros and cons so that you aren’t met with any nasty surprises.
- It is comfy to wear and fits snugly once you have worn it in well
- It’s water-resistant so you can wear it in all weather conditions and feel secure that it won’t let you down
- You can customise alarms to go off on your wrist to wake you or to remind you of daily tasks that you need to complete
- The Bluetooth call quality is great, and you will be able to hear the person at the other end of the line with ease
- The app is easy to use and designed with clarity in mind
- You get clear feedback on how many steps you have completed as the day goes by so you are fully informed of your progress at all times
- The battery lasts for nearly an entire week without needing to be charged
- The charging process is simple thanks to an in-built USB plug that allows you to slot it into your computer or USB plug
- The fitness tracking options are minimal
- The steps do not take into account whether you are jogging, walking or running
- The calories burned are only estimated, so there is no personal feedback for you
- The Bluetooth headset can be difficult to remove and insert when a call comes through
- The band is tough to put on the first few times you use it and will need to be broken in for it to be comfortable to wear
Should I Buy a Huawei Talkband 1?
It is never going to win any awards, but the Huawei Talkband 1 is a great choice for those people that need a Bluetooth headset for their work and who also want to get a handle on how much they are moving every day. We’d certainly recommend it to anyone who wants a reliable device for a low price and who want to be certain that they are contactable wherever they go.
Emma is an experienced multifaceted writer and is our Copy and Visual Editor, Social Media Manager and regular Content Contributor. When not working, Emma enjoys life with her little girl, partner and Jack Russell Terrier in the lovely countryside of the South West UK.