Buying a new wearable is exciting, especially if it’s your first time. However, have you ever considered opting for a refurbished Apple Watch? These pre-loved counterparts can provide lower prices, sustainable alternatives, and an all-around excellent user experience.
While we understand the appeal of a brand new watch, there is something to be said for used tech. The constant push to buy more isn’t sustainable, but there are ways to enjoy the latest features without using new materials. Refurbished watches are ideal for eco-conscious consumers worldwide.
Want to know more? Keep reading to find out whether a refurbished Apple Watch is the purchase for you.
What Is A Refurbished Apple Watch?
A refurbished Apple Watch is a pre-used piece of tech. But, it’s so much more than a second-hand wearable!
Apple’s refurbished options have a certified guarantee, meaning all devices meet rigorous testing standards. With these watches, you can’t even tell that they’ve been used before.
Refurbished watches come in new packaging, with a new battery, outer shell, and all necessary cables and accessories. The discounts on these wearables can be up to 15% off, ideal for those who want to save some cash.
All Apple Watch devices are also re-sealed to meet waterproofing standards, so don’t worry about jumping into the pool with your refurbished wearable. Apple also offers AppleCare for these products, ensuring that the refurbished watches will always be looked after.
Many Apple Watch generations are available in the refurbished store, including the latest Apple Watch Series 7 models. If you want to save on the newest series, consider this method.
On the fence about buying a refurbished Apple Watch? Here are some key benefits to remember.
- Refurbished purchases come with a one-year warranty (the same as new watches)
- The battery is replaced, and you receive a new display
- All purchases come in sealed packaging
- Refurbished watches still offer all sensors, health trackers, and popular features
- You can re-sync refurbished watches with your current smartphone
- Apple watches can still use a range of bands and accessories if refurbished
- There’s no clear sign your watch is refurbished; it will arrive looking new
- While batteries are replaced, they must only meet the 80% threshold. You could still receive a watch with less-than-perfect battery life.
- Refurbished watches come with used casing, and signs of use sometimes appear (very rare, though)
- Some buyers complain that their new watch hasn’t been factory reset
Always weigh up the pros and cons before buying. Like all smartwatch purchases, it’s helpful to get clear on what you want. Knowing your priorities will make smartwatch shopping more accessible, and you’ll enjoy your new wearable in no time.
Refurbished tech is often forgotten, but these pre-loved wearables allow you to save money while enjoying the latest features. Plus, these watches are more environmentally friendly. Don’t write refurbished off when shopping!
Want to know more? Visit our news section here for the latest deals and launches.
Isobel is a freelance copy and content writer who regularly contributes to Superwatches. Well-versed in all the ins and outs of the smartwatch industry. Isobel specializes in Fashion and design and is a First Class fashion design graduate.
Currently lives in Bournemouth, United Kingdom.