Smartwatches are all the rage these days as they make life a lot more convenient. That’s why companies like Samsung and Apple are constantly trying to outdo each other with their latest wearable. So, we’re taking a look at the new Apple Watch Series 7 versus Samsung Watch 4, breaking them down side by side and offering the best comparison to help you decide which one you prefer.
Let’s get into it.
Since these are both everyday wearables, design is one of the top considerations for a customer. While both the Apple Watch and Samsung watch are attractive, they have two very different appearances.
Apple Watch Series 7
The Apple Watch Series 7 boasts a slightly bigger display than its previous Apple Watch Series 6. The corners are slightly rounded as well. For those never familiar with the Apple Watch design, it assumes mostly the shape of a square with soft corners.
With its display being 20% bigger than its previous model, customers are delighted. The actual size of the hardware didn’t change, which means Apple did a great job of using what they had. This is one of the advantages they have over the Samsung Watch 4.
- Stay connected to family and friends with calls, texts, and email, even when you don’t have your...
- Stream music, podcasts, and audiobooks on the go, and leave your phone at home
- Set up and manage Apple Watch for each family member, right from your iPhone, with Family Setup
Samsung Watch 4
The Samsung Watch 4, however, looks closer to an actual watch. Assuming the shape of a circle, this can be a design that resides well with classic watch fans. To go further in that direction, users have the choice to go more tech or more classic watch having one of the designs offering a real hour display and a bezel.
For those less concerned about the display real estate and more about classic watch fashion, the Samsung Watch 4 is the clear winner.
- Stay connected wherever you are with LTE Connectivity (LTE service required).
- Get ready to crush your wellness goals with body readings right on your wrist.
- Better Sleep Starts Here: Wake up feeling refreshed and recharged with advanced sleep tracking; When...
If design and looks were the first concern among buyers, watch features are undoubtedly a close second. What the watch can do for the customer is an essential question. If users didn’t care at all for the technology, they would buy a regular watch. These watches are designed to integrate with your life. So who does it better?
Apple Watch Series 7
While Apple may have been the dominant leader in wearables for a while, they seem to be following behind in the health sector. Besides adding a mindfulness app, major improvements need to happen in sleep tracking, among others.
The upgrade the Apple Watch Series 7 did see was the ability to type on a full-size keyboard thanks to the expanded screen. About time! However, that upgrade didn’t make its way to battery life as it remains the same 18-hour limit.
All in all, there weren’t many functionality upgrades that users could take advantage of.
Samsung Watch 4
The Samsung Watch 4 has many great features in the health sector that you won’t find with the Apple Watch Series 7. For starters, users have total body composition and more advanced sleep tracking with the Samsung Watch 4.
The battery life on the Samsung outlasts the Apple Watch Series 7 as it lasts for a little over a day when constantly on and activity tracking.
With regards to starting price, the Apple Watch Series is always at the top end at $399, whereas the Samsung Watch 4 starts at $249. The Samsung quickly escalates from $249 to $299 when you move from Bluetooth to LTE models. However, this still sits below the Apple watch.
It’s good to note that the Samsung Watch 4 Classic model comes at a higher price. This version starts at $349, and its upgraded version is on par with Apple’s starting point at $399.
When it comes to price and the Apple Watch Series 7 versus Samsung Watch 4, they both follow a similar path when adding options like cellular plans and GPS. Samsung, however, has a lower starting price, as shown above.
Below, we have summarized the main features each watch has to offer. This is a good recap of the pros and cons of each device.
- The Apple Watch Series 7 didn’t add quite as many features and upgrades as the Samsung Watch 4 in comparison to their previous models.
- In terms of design, the Samsung watch 4 has two options that both feature a circular interface. One offers a more classic watch look.
- The Apple Watch Series 7 boasted a 20% larger display making much better use of its display area than the Samsung.
- Whilst there is a significant difference in starting price, they do become closer when adding features such as cellular and GPS.
- Apple Watch Series 7 has IMessage capability while Samsung Watch 4 remains in SMS mode.
Everyone still loves a good Apple watch, regardless of the number of updates, because it integrates with their other Apple systems. This alone makes it hard for anyone to leave the Apple family and make the transition.
Having said that, when comparing the 2 devices, we can see that if the Samsung is in second place, it is not because it doesn’t have a lot to offer. With some significant upgrades and a different look, Samsung has a lot of benefits.
When looking at the Apple Watch Series 7 versus Samsung Watch 4 in terms of price, we can see that it is not much different. The choice comes down to preference and user convenience.
Follow us on social media for the latest smartwatch news and reviews
Share this post with your friends and family
Last Updated on November 17, 2021