Smartwatches are a great fitness tool, but with so many models available, how do you know which to choose? Check out our Fitbit Blaze review for a little help.
Fitbit is a leader within the smartwatch industry, known for slick technology and a deep understanding of fitness trends. Plus, they know how the human body responds to exercise. So, the Fitbit Blaze is branded as the all-in-one fitness accessory that goes above and beyond your standard wearable.
Launched in 2018, the Blaze was lauded as one of the most popular smartwatches on the market despite its relatively high price tag (at the time). And many wondered what made it different from competitors such as the Apple Watch and other Fitbit models.
But Fitbit claimed that the Blaze offered the ultimate experience when it came to fitness gadgets. Additionally, users got a whole load of extra features for their money. In fact, it definitely boasts plenty of impressive features, including:
- Track steps, distance, calories, levels climbed and activity times
- Make phone calls and send SMS
- Calendar syncing with your smartphone via Bluetooth
- Easily adjustable settings for a multitude of different sports (including cardio, cycling, cross-training and rowing)
- AGPS-equipped to make useable maps
- Comfortable interchangeable wristband available in two styles and colours
- Customisable display
- Personalised coaching sessions
- Durable design
- Up to five days battery life
- Available in two sizes (5.5 – 6.7 inches or 6.7 – 8.1 inches)
- HD colour LCD touchscreen (240 x 180 pixels)
As you can see from this extensive list, there is a lot to like about the Fitbit Blaze. And if you’re serious about your fitness, it’s still a great choice.
- Reliable tracking system
- Discreet – the Fitbit Blaze measures 1.2 inches in size and the design makes it look more like a watch than a traditional fitness tracker
- Colour display – the colour screen feature brings a new dynamic – the rich and vibrant colour display feature sets it apart from previous Fitbit models
- Compatibility – the Blaze is compatible across iOS and Android platforms
- Battery life is good
- Variety of straps
- User-friendly app
- Setup is quick and straightforward
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with...
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and...
- Enable is connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when...
We don’t like
- No built-in GPS
- Not waterproof
- No troubleshooting
How Does the FitBit Blaze Square Up?
Ultimately, the Fitbit Blaze is now an older model. If you’re interested in a Fitbit, here’s a comparison of the newest Fitbit models in 2020.
The Bottom Line
The Fitbit Blaze is a solid choice if you’re looking for a wearable fitness tracker, although it appears Fitbit’s branding is a little confused. Meaning, the Blaze looks like a smartwatch but it isn’t really one.
Although the high-quality colour screen display, impressive battery life of up to five days and attractive design are pluses, serious fitness fans might have an issue with the lack of in-built GPS and the fact that it’s not waterproof.
So if you’re looking for a mid-to-high range fitness accessory, you won’t be disappointed with this offering from Fitbit.
Last Updated on November 28, 2020
A top of the line copywriter with more than a decade of writing experience with many high-end and diverse multinational clients. Lots of experience and interest in writing about technology.
Currently living a rural life in South Yorkshire, and devoted to work. Owner of Anglo Content writing services.