For many years, smartwatches were mostly worn by men. But, in 2014, companies started to design smartwatches for women. In fact, one of the first companies to design female-friendly smartwatches was Samsung.
Nowadays, 50% of smartwatches owners are women, so there must be some great female-friendly offerings out there!
The Galaxy watch Active is often credited as being the most feminine Samsung watch. But several other Samsung watches look great on female wrists, too.
Below, I’ll let you know my top-5 Samsung watches for women.
1. Galaxy Watch (42mm)
The Galaxy Watch has been around for a couple of years, but it remains a firm favourite with female consumers. This watch is beautifully simple in design. Although it is bulkier than some other Samsung watches, it is still more discreet than most smartwatches on the market. This is especially true if you choose the 42mm model.
In terms of colour, you have the choice of Rose Gold (with a pink strap), Midnight Black, or Silver. The rose gold/pink combo is very feminine. If you are into more muted colours, you could opt for the silver clockface, and choose your own interchangeable strap (any standard 20mm watch strap should fit).
With regards to functionality, this watch does everything you expect of a smartwatch – and more! You can receive calls and texts and listen to your music via Spotify (without the need for your phone if you have wireless headphones). You can even make payments using Samsung Pay.
In terms of health tracking, you can track your daily activities and monitor your sleep. Amazingly, it also has built-in GPS and a rotating bezel. This makes it a great hiking watch.
So, if you want a stylish smartwatch/fitness tracker hybrid that won’t break the bank, the Galaxy Watch is a great option.
- Comes in two sizes – 42mm or 46mm. The 42mm will suit thinner wrists.
- Military-grade durability, so you can take it anywhere.
- Inbuilt GPS, so it is a great hiking watch.
- Wireless charging – so you don’t have to worry about charging cables!
- It offers a good mix of smartwatch and fitness tracking features.
- It is a little heavier and bulkier than some other Samsung watches.
- The watch display is quite limited. Also, there is limited real-time feedback for activities.
- It doesn’t measure heart rate.
2. Galaxy Watch Active
In many ways, the Galaxy Watch Active is an upgrade of the Galaxy Watch. Here are the benefits of upgrading:
- The Galaxy Watch is thinner and more lightweight than the Galaxy Watch. This makes it a great running watch. It also looks better on very small wrists, so it is the ideal smartwatch for girls.
- The Galaxy Watch has a Wellness Mode setting. It monitors stress levels and encourages you to practise proper breathing techniques throughout the day.
- The watch comes in four rather than three colours.
- It integrates several motivational apps such as C25K – making it a great fitness watch.
Many fitness fanatics prefer the Galaxy Watch Active to the Galaxy Watch. But, if you’re more interested in a smartwatch than a fitness tracking device, the Galaxy Watch may offer better value.
- It has a slim and lightweight design, so it is ideal for female wrists.
- Wireless charging, so you can leave the charging cables at home.
- Displays motivational Apps. This is great for helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Although it is a great fitness watch, it doesn’t have a mechanical bezel, so it’s not great for navigation. If you do a lot of hiking, it might be better to opt for the Galaxy Watch or another watch with a mechanical bezel.
3. Galaxy Watch Active2 Bluetooth
This watch is a further upgrade to the Galaxy Watch Active. It is similar, but it offers a larger screen. Though, in increasing the size of the screen, its delicacy is not lost. It still remains a lightweight and discreet smartwatch for women.
On top of this, you also get Bluetooth functionality. This can be great for pairing Bluetooth-enabled devices such as headphones and your smartphone.
- A larger screen, whilst still being thin.
- Because it is lightweight, it is a great fitness tracker for women.
- Uniquely, it offers Bluetooth functionality. If WIFI is not available, you can still connect to your phone (or other devices) via Bluetooth.
- You cannot receive calls independent of your phone with the Bluetooth model alone (you’d need the 4G model connected to an LTE network).
4. Galaxy Watch Active2 4G
The functionality you get with this watch is incredible – but it is reflected in the price tag! At nearly £500, it’s no throw-away purchase.
So, what can the Galaxy Watch Active2 4G offer? Well, firstly, it is 4G-enabled so you can connect to an LTE network. This means you’ll be able to answer calls via your phone (even if your mobile isn’t close-by). You will also be able to stream music directly from your watch. Also, you watch will be able to run several Apps at once with ease.
One of the best features, though, is its real-time running coach. This watch will give you real-time feedback on your performance. So, it will tell you whether to slow down/speed up etc. This can be invaluable for achieving your fitness goals. Indeed, this watch has been made for the fitness-lovers and the health-conscious. It also has an Electrocardiogram so it can measure heart rate.
All in all, this watch is a close competitor to the Apple watch. So, if you are an Android user and you want one of the best smartwatches money can buy, this watch is for you!
- It has a touch bezel for quick control
- Also, it can handle multiple Apps without compromising performance
- Real-time performance feedback during workout sessions.
- Heart rate monitor
- Unfortunately, it is significantly more expensive than the other models.
5. Samsung Gear Fit 2
This final offering from Samsung is less of a smartwatch and more of a fitness tracker. It really appeals to women because it has a sleek and stylish design. It also offers an array of great features such as:
- An extremely accurate heart-rate monitor, so you can closely monitor your health.
- Also, it can track cycles, runs, and elliptical workouts with precision.
- Displays progress (i.e. Km travelled), so you’ll stay motivated throughout your workouts.
- Finally, it has an adjustable strap, so it will fit even the tiniest wrists.
If are not too fussed amount receiving calls/texts or making payments, this could be a great option. It is the ideal first-time fitness tracker for women.
Samsung does offer more than the 5 watches mentioned in this article. For example, the Gear S3 Frontier and Gear S3 Classic remain popular. Although these are great watches, they are quite bulky and masculine in design. On balance, my favourite Samsung watch is the Galaxy Watch Active. Not only is it slim and lightweight, but it’s also durable, affordable, and offers an array of fitness tracking features!
Last Updated on