For many years, smartwatches were mostly worn by men. But in 2014, companies started to design smartwatches for women. In fact, one of the first companies to design female-friendly smartwatches was Samsung with their Samsung Galaxy.
Nowadays, 50% of smartwatches owners are women, so there must be some great female-friendly offerings out there!
The Galaxy Watch
The Galaxy Watch Active is often credited as being the most feminine Samsung watch. But several other Samsung watches look great on female wrists, too.
Consider what characteristics are vital to your purpose when selecting whether to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Watch in 2021. If you like a classic style, it stands to reason that you’d be interested in the Galaxy Watch’s traditional design.
However, if you’re more interested in the features, you might want to reconsider purchasing it. Don’t forget that the Galaxy Watch 3 is also now available. It’s an updated and improved version of the original. It also includes a slew of health and fitness features that the original Galaxy Watch does not.
If you’re looking for a health/fitness smartwatch, consider the Galaxy Watch Active 2.
In that case, if you’re looking for a health/fitness wristwatch, you might want to consider the Galaxy Watch Active 2. It’s also not prohibitively pricey. It comes in a sleeker, lighter package. It also has an electrocardiogram (ECG) capability for identifying abnormal heartbeats, an enhanced accelerometer, a more accurate LED-based heart rate monitor, and better GPS accuracy.
The original Galaxy Watch had a plethora of bonus features. You can add LTE connectivity to your device, allowing you to listen to music without a phone and take calls on your wrist. Health/fitness tracking, built-in GPS, sleep monitoring, heart-rate tracking, Samsung Pay, and 5 ATM water resistance are all included. The Galaxy Watch has two case sizes: 42mm and 46mm. The large variant may be too large for some wrists, but it has a somewhat longer battery life (about four days).
Do you always have to buy the newest?
For individuals on a tight budget or who don’t want the most up-to-date capabilities, the Samsung Galaxy Watch could be a timeless purchase. Having said that, people who enjoy having the most up-to-date technology will be better served with the newer Galaxy Watch 3. There’s no disputing that the original Samsung Galaxy Watch is a great buy, especially now that the price has dropped. However, keep in mind that adding LTE to the equation would raise the price.
The Galaxy Watch 3 has a more refined and smaller appearance.
It’s a worthwhile investment if you have the extra cash. The Galaxy Watch 3 has a more refined and smaller appearance. It is available in two sizes: 41mm and 45mm. It provides SpO2 monitoring as well as VO2 max readings. A SpO2 value measures the level of oxygen saturation in your blood, whereas VO2 max measures how much oxygen your body consumes during activity.
In addition, an electrocardiogram (ECG) sensor and blood pressure monitoring are included. If you’re not familiar with the ECG sensor, it can detect an abnormal heartbeat, which may suggest a more serious medical condition. On the Samsung Health app, users will also have access to over 120 home workout videos as well as built-in run coaching and recovery features.
If you’re going to be disappointed about spending your hard-earned money on an outdated device when a new one becomes available, you should consider purchasing the 2021 Samsung Galaxy Watch. More importantly, the new Galaxy Watch 4 is set to be released soon. As a result, the original Galaxy Watch will become even more out of date. If FOMO isn’t an issue for you and you’re happy with everything the Galaxy Watch has to offer, there’s no better time than now! Some purchasers may wish to wait for the arrival of the newest replacement to see whether it piques their interest.
Below, we’ll let you know our top 5 Samsung watches for women.
Samsung Tp Update Safety Features
Before diving into whether you want the newest watch by Samsung or not it’s important to note that most but not all of their watches will have the fall detection safety features.
Which Watches Have Fall Detection/Incident Detection?
- Galaxy Watch
- Galaxy Watch Active
- Galaxy Watch Active2
- Galaxy Watch3
- Galaxy Watch 4
What Is It?
Fall detection which is interchangeable with incident detection is a feature on the smartwatch that alerts emergency contacts if a fall is detected. The watch used to rely solely on the accelerometer and shock to the arm to detect an incident or fall. When this would occur the watch will ring for 60 seconds where you have time to disable or answer it to ensure you are OK. If you don’t answer it then the watch alerts your selected emergency contacts.
SOS is the system that kicks in when you don’t answer your watch. However, SOS also operates as its own entity. SOS allows for Samsung users to call 9-1-1 or authorities in an emergency situation without having to unlock the phone. It also can go into battery-saving emergency mode to last a few days from a full charge.
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch4
Samsung comes to us in 2021 with a smartwatch fit for any active female. It has a bit more unique design features than its predecessor, the Watch 3, like the smooth and rounded shapes, or the wide library of digital and analogue faces. As it is a Samsung model, you can expect the same simplicity in terms of colour and band options. But it does boast a lot more colour than the 3 did.
You can get the Samsung Watch4 in Black, Silver, Pink Gold, or Green.
But back to fitness. The Samsung Watch4 is built with your health in mind, and is aimed at those wanting the most in-depth look possible. You can get stats on body fat percentage, body water, BMI, or skeletal muscle.
All of these features come powered by Samsung’s own Wear OS that offers a suite of apps for things like music streaming, health, and mental well-being. Watch OS is also Samsung’s fastest operating system, making your streaming or fitness tracking a little smoother.
- Available in two sizes like the Watch 3: 44mm or 40mm
- The Wear OS is fast and gets you your notifications on time, plus no lagging on your music or apps
- Excellent quality of build and offers the same durability as all Samsung tech
- Enhanced health and fitness tracking features
- Google Maps built in
- only a one-day battery life, so not ideal for camping, or being in remote areas
- Has many Google apps available, except Google Assistant
3. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (42mm)
The Galaxy Watch has been around for a few years, but it remains a firm favourite with female consumers. This watch is beautifully simple in design. Although it is bulkier than some other Samsung watches, it is still more discreet than most smartwatches on the market. This is especially true if you choose the 41mm model.
In terms of colour, you have the choice of [Mystic] Black, Silver or Bronze. The latter is very feminine. If you are into more muted colours, you could opt for the silver clockface, and choose your own interchangeable strap (any standard 20mm watch strap should fit).
With regards to functionality, this watch does everything you expect of a smartwatch – and more! You can receive calls and texts and listen to your music via Spotify (without the need for your phone if you have wireless headphones). You can even make payments using Samsung Pay.
In terms of health tracking, you can track your daily activities and monitor your sleep. Amazingly, it also has built-in GPS and a rotating bezel. This makes it a great hiking watch.
So, if you want a stylish smartwatch/fitness tracker hybrid that won’t break the bank, the Galaxy Watch 3 is a great option. Read our full review here.
- Comes in two sizes – 41mm or 45mm. The 41mm will suit thinner wrists.
- Military-grade durability, so you can take it anywhere.
- Inbuilt GPS, so it is a great hiking watch.
- Wireless charging – so you don’t have to worry about charging cables!
- It offers a good mix of smartwatch and fitness tracking features.
- It is a little heavier and bulkier than some other Samsung watches.
- The watch display is quite limited. Also, there is limited real-time feedback for activities.
- It doesn’t measure heart rate.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
The Samsung Active 2 is an upgrade to the previous Active. There are some advantages for the active compared to the fully-featured Galaxy 3. Here are some of the benefits :
- The Active 2 is thinner and more lightweight than the Galaxy Watch 3. This makes it a great running watch. It also looks better on very small wrists, so it is the ideal smartwatch for girls.
- The Active 2 has a Wellness Mode setting. It monitors stress levels and encourages you to practise proper breathing techniques throughout the day.
- The watch comes in four rather than three colours.
- It integrates several motivational apps such as C25K – making it a great fitness watch.
Many fitness fanatics prefer the Galaxy Watch Active 2 to the Galaxy Watch 3. But, if you’re more interested in a smartwatch than a fitness tracking device, the Galaxy Watch may offer better value.
- It has a slim and lightweight design, so it is ideal for female wrists.
- Wireless charging, so you can leave the charging cables at home.
- Displays motivational apps. This is great for helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Although it is a great fitness watch, it doesn’t have a mechanical bezel, so it’s not great for navigation. If you do a lot of hiking, it might be better to opt for the Galaxy Watch 3 or another watch with a mechanical bezel.
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G
The functionality you get with this watch is incredible – but it is reflected in the price tag! At nearly £500, it’s no throw-away purchase.
So, what can the Galaxy Watch Active2 4G offer? Well, firstly, it is 4G-enabled so you can connect to an LTE network. This means you’ll be able to answer calls via your phone (even if your mobile isn’t close-by). You will also be able to stream music directly from your watch. Also, your watch will be able to run several apps at once with ease.
One of the best features, though, is its real-time running coach. This watch will give you real-time feedback on your performance. So, it will tell you whether to slow down/speed up, etc. This can be invaluable for achieving your fitness goals. Indeed, this watch has been made for the fitness-lovers and the health-conscious. It also has an Electrocardiogram so it can measure heart rate.
All in all, this watch is a close competitor to the Apple Watch SE. So, if you are an Android user and you want one of the best smartwatches money can buy, this watch is for you!
- It has a touch bezel for quick control
- Also, it can handle multiple apps without compromising performance
- Real-time performance feedback during workout sessions.
- Heart rate monitor
- Unfortunately, it is significantly more expensive than the other models.
5. Samsung Gear Fit 2
This final offering from Samsung is less of a smartwatch and more of a fitness tracker. It really appeals to women because it has a sleek and stylish design. It also offers an array of great features such as:
- An extremely accurate heart-rate monitor, so you can closely monitor your health with this watch.
- Also, it can track cycles, runs, and elliptical workouts with precision.
- Displays progress (i.e. km travelled), so you’ll stay motivated throughout your workouts.
- Finally, it has an adjustable strap, so it will fit even the tiniest wrists.
If you’re not too fussed amount receiving calls/texts or making payments, this could be a great option. It is the ideal first-time fitness tracker for women.
Samsung does offer more than those mentioned in this article. For example, the Gear S3 Frontier and Gear S3 Classic remain popular. Although these are great watches, they are quite bulky and masculine in design. On balance, my favourite Samsung watch is the Galaxy Watch Active 3. Not only is it slim and lightweight, but it’s also durable, affordable, and offers an array of fitness tracking features!
Emma brings over a decade of freelance copy and content writing experience and is our Editor, Social Media Manager, and regular contributor. Specializing in long-form content such as blogs, articles, lead magnets, and white papers, Emma also provides businesses with email marketing, website copy, and landing pages.