For many years, smartwatches were mostly worn by men. But in 2014, companies started to design smartwatches for women. In fact, one of the first companies to design female-friendly smartwatches was Samsung with their Samsung Galaxy.
Nowadays, 50% of smartwatches owners are women, so there must be some great female-friendly offerings out there!
The Galaxy Watch Active is often credited as being the most feminine Samsung watch. But several other Samsung watches look great on female wrists, too.
Below, we’ll let you know our top 5 Samsung watches for women.
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (42mm)
The Galaxy Watch has been around for a few years, but it remains a firm favourite with female consumers. This watch is beautifully simple in design. Although it is bulkier than some other Samsung watches, it is still more discreet than most smartwatches on the market. This is especially true if you choose the 41mm model.
In terms of colour, you have the choice of [Mystic] Black, Silver or Bronze. The latter is very feminine. If you are into more muted colours, you could opt for the silver clockface, and choose your own interchangeable strap (any standard 20mm watch strap should fit).
With regards to functionality, this watch does everything you expect of a smartwatch – and more! You can receive calls and texts and listen to your music via Spotify (without the need for your phone if you have wireless headphones). You can even make payments using Samsung Pay.
In terms of health tracking, you can track your daily activities and monitor your sleep. Amazingly, it also has built-in GPS and a rotating bezel. This makes it a great hiking watch.
So, if you want a stylish smartwatch/fitness tracker hybrid that won’t break the bank, the Galaxy Watch 3 is a great option. Read our full review here.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and,...
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get...
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung...
- Comes in two sizes – 41mm or 45mm. The 41mm will suit thinner wrists.
- Military-grade durability, so you can take it anywhere.
- Inbuilt GPS, so it is a great hiking watch.
- Wireless charging – so you don’t have to worry about charging cables!
- It offers a good mix of smartwatch and fitness tracking features.
- It is a little heavier and bulkier than some other Samsung watches.
- The watch display is quite limited. Also, there is limited real-time feedback for activities.
- It doesn’t measure heart rate.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
The Samsung Active 2 is an upgrade of the previous Active . There are some advantages for the active compare to the fully-featured Galaxy 3. Here are some of the benefits :
- The Active 2 is thinner and more lightweight than the Galaxy Watch 3. This makes it a great running watch. It also looks better on very small wrists, so it is the ideal smartwatch for girls.
- The Active 2 has a Wellness Mode setting. It monitors stress levels and encourages you to practise proper breathing techniques throughout the day.
- The watch comes in four rather than three colours.
- It integrates several motivational apps such as C25K – making it a great fitness watch.
Many fitness fanatics prefer the Galaxy Watch Active 2 to the Galaxy Watch 3. But, if you’re more interested in a smartwatch than a fitness tracking device, the Galaxy Watch may offer better value.
- It has a slim and lightweight design, so it is ideal for female wrists.
- Wireless charging, so you can leave the charging cables at home.
- Displays motivational apps. This is great for helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Although it is a great fitness watch, it doesn’t have a mechanical bezel, so it’s not great for navigation. If you do a lot of hiking, it might be better to opt for the Galaxy Watch 3 or another watch with a mechanical bezel.
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace...
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in...
- Keep your beat; You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2. Get...
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G
The functionality you get with this watch is incredible – but it is reflected in the price tag! At nearly £500, it’s no throw-away purchase.
So, what can the Galaxy Watch Active2 4G offer? Well, firstly, it is 4G-enabled so you can connect to an LTE network. This means you’ll be able to answer calls via your phone (even if your mobile isn’t close-by). You will also be able to stream music directly from your watch. Also, you watch will be able to run several apps at once with ease.
One of the best features, though, is its real-time running coach. This watch will give you real-time feedback on your performance. So, it will tell you whether to slow down/speed up etc. This can be invaluable for achieving your fitness goals. Indeed, this watch has been made for the fitness-lovers and the health-conscious. It also has an Electrocardiogram so it can measure heart rate.
All in all, this watch is a close competitor to the Apple Watch SE. So, if you are an Android user and you want one of the best smartwatches money can buy, this watch is for you!
- It has a touch bezel for quick control
- Also, it can handle multiple apps without compromising performance
- Real-time performance feedback during workout sessions.
- Heart rate monitor
- Unfortunately, it is significantly more expensive than the other models.
5. Samsung Gear Fit 2
This final offering from Samsung is less of a smartwatch and more of a fitness tracker. It really appeals to women because it has a sleek and stylish design. It also offers an array of great features such as:
- An extremely accurate heart-rate monitor, so you can closely monitor your health.
- Also, it can track cycles, runs, and elliptical workouts with precision.
- Displays progress (i.e. Km travelled), so you’ll stay motivated throughout your workouts.
- Finally, it has an adjustable strap, so it will fit even the tiniest wrists.
If you’re not too fussed amount receiving calls/texts or making payments, this could be a great option. It is the ideal first-time fitness tracker for women.
- STARTS TRACKING WHEN YOU START MOVING: Walk, run, even hop on the elliptical—the Galaxy Fit2...
- KEEP GOING 24/7: Track your day’s activities and your night’s sleep continuously with a battery...
- LIGHT AND BRIGHT DESIGN: Sleek and lightweight, Galaxy Fit2 features a curved and full-color AMOLED...
Samsung does offer more than those mentioned in this article. For example, the Gear S3 Frontier and Gear S3 Classic remain popular. Although these are great watches, they are quite bulky and masculine in design. On balance, my favourite Samsung watch is the Galaxy Watch Active 3. Not only is it slim and lightweight, but it’s also durable, affordable, and offers an array of fitness tracking features!
Last Updated on April 9, 2021
A highly experienced writer, with expertise in health and technology.
Rachael had a masters degree in psychology (with distinction) and a bachelors degree in English literature (with first-class honours) from reputable UK universities. Rachael has worked for two years as a research associate and reporter for a high-profile UK media company.