Launched onto the market in 2020, the Emporio Armani Smartwatch 3 has proved to be a luxury choice for those who want the style of a designer wristwatch paired with the convenience and functionality of a smartwatch.
Running on Wear OS, this model includes a number of must-have features. And thanks to Emporio Armani heritage it has a stylish design that boasts a choice of case colours and a variety of customisable watch faces.
The most recent version of the third-generation Emporio Armani Smartwatch (previously called the Connected) has few improvements over its siblings. For example, going from the Connected to the Smartwatch 3 sees the inclusion of a heartrate monitor, GPS and NFC. But, you’ll find this on the Connected 2, too.
The 2020 model also comes in a choice of attractive colour options including green, rose gold, blue, black and silver, with a choice of rubber, leather or stainless-steel straps.
As for battery life, you’ll get about a day or two, which is marginally better than the predecessors. But how quickly a battery drains is dependent on how you use the watch. However, inside is a Snapdragon 3100 chip, so at least it’s responsive. If you use the new always-on display, of course it’ll drain quicker. But, there are battery modes you can use to get the most out of the battery life.
The NFC functionality also allows for contactless payments through Google Pay and the microphone allows for verbal interaction with Google Assistant. GPS tracking system adds extra benefits and the case is 3ATM water-resistant (meaning, it’s swimproof).
Since this smartwatch comes from Emporio Armani, you can be absolutely certain that this device won’t lack anything in terms of design. Subtle yet stylish, it is comfortable on the wrist with a case that measures 44.5mm. While it isn’t quite as slim as the Series 6 Apple Watch, this model will still feel pretty comfortable on all but the slimmest of wrists.
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
If you’re on the lookout for a smartwatch that looks like a ‘normal’ timepiece then this is the one for you. It’s always-on display resembles a regular watch face. The AMOLED touchscreen can easily be seen, even in sunlight, and the time can always be seen.
Although this model has all the style of a luxury watch, it doesn’t lack in fitness tracking functionality. You’ll find an integrated heartrate monitor as well as Google Fit pre-installed to record a wide variety of exercises, sports and activity.
Since there is also integrated GPS you won’t need to take your smartphone out and about with you. Although sleep tracking isn’t a default option with this device, you can easily install a third-party app which will track the quality and time of your sleep every night.
- A stylish, luxury watch from a designer brand
- Strong fitness and health tracking features
- A choice of customisable faces and straps
- Integrated GPS and NFC functionality
- Always-on touchscreen display
- Wear OS system
- Pre-installed Google Fit app
- Integrated heart monitor
- Serious gym goers might balk at the idea of taking such an expensive designer watch to the gym
- The chipset is not quite as advanced as that used for some of its rival watches and this can slow down its operation
This Armani smartwatch has a lot to offer, but it does have some serious competitors in the marketplace. It’s pretty hard to beat the Apple Watch since it has been leading the way in the industry for some considerable time, thanks to its ease of use and iPhone compatibility. Apple’s unique functions have kept it up there as a major contender in the field.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a serious device for use while working out or participating in outdoor activities, the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus is well worth a look. This solid device is designed specifically for those who take their outdoor pursuits seriously, and it’s been built to last. Although it has a premium finish that exudes luxury, its sports tracking, connectivity and battery performance are second to none. This makes it a more sensible choice for those who care more about function than having a designer name.
- Premium multi sport GPS smartwatch that estimates heart rate at the wrist and includes color TOPO...
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel or diamond like carbon (DLC)...
- Easily store and play up to 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold...
If you’re looking for a luxury, designer branded smartwatch which offers some excellent fitness tracking functionality, the Emporio Armani Smartwatch 3 won’t disappoint. Stylish, smart and subtle in appearance, it offers plenty of features.
Downsides are its older chipset, which slows the watch down when opening apps. And that luxurious finish may not make it the perfect choice for heading to the gym.
How Do We Test Smartwatches?
1. We gauge its comfort and design. If it isn’t comfortable as well as stylish, it won’t rate too highly.
2. We test its fitness tracking functions. We put every function and sensor through its paces, from GPS tracking to step counts.
3. We install apps then test them out to ensure that the memory and processor power is up to scratch.
4. If there is inbuilt LTE, we’ll test the call quality to ensure that it’ll work perfectly well even if your smartphone isn’t around.
5. We check out the watch’s battery life using a range of everyday scenarios. We test the battery life while using apps, receiving notifications and working out to see how long it lasts before requiring a recharge.
With all that information to hand, we can then give you a clear idea of the pros and cons of each device.
Last Updated on December 22, 2020