Fitbit is considered one brand that introduced portable health and activity monitoring gadgets to the market and was a visionary.
As such, Fitbit is still a popular choice, and there are plenty of competitors developing different and improved gadgets like Fitbit.
If you’re aiming for Fitbit alternatives that have it all in terms of smart technology, design, advanced health and fitness monitoring, the Apple Watch 6 is our top pick. It was made to provide quality innovations like ECG, 24/7 heart rate monitoring and devoted modes monitoring for specific sports. It enables you to do all of your major smartphone functions without taking it out of your pocket.
The Apple Watch Is Still King
The Apple Watch 6, Apple’s newest and best smartwatch, is a prominent alternative to Fitbit’s latest smart fitness tracker, the Sense. It comes with a modern and sleek look. You need not turn it on to see the time and important details because it has an always-on display feature. You have choices to make when it comes to the case. It is available in aluminium and titanium, which are both incredibly durable. You have further options to personalise your watch by adding any suitable strap of your choice.
This watch alerts you if anything abnormal happens on the inside by keeping an eye on your heart rate. With this wearable, you can observe your ECG anywhere, anytime. It alerts you if the noise level reaches dangerously high levels, and for those who menstruate, it can monitor your cycles.
You may apply variations to your watch screen to monitor health indicators such as breathing rate, heart rate, and noise level, etc., during the day.
- See how we think the Sense compares to the Series 6 here.
- For Apple Watch Alternative – see this guide.
Apple Watch Series 6
Probably one of the best Fitbit alternatives is the Apple Watch. It’s excellent at tracking training statistics. In the Fitness app on your iPhone, you may set workout-specific targets, see complete overviews when you’re finished, and monitor your progress over time. With two separate wheelchair exercises, Apple Watch is also of use to wheelchair users. It was built for underwater activities, and that’s why it has a 50-meter water resistance rating. The Pool Swim workout tracks split and sets and monitors swimming strokes. The Open Water Swim monitors calories, speed, and collective speed when visualising your track.
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
Runners will get speed and rhythm updates. It can also tell you your current altitude and count steps at a time during an outdoor exercise. It will bind to hundreds of various workout applications to monitor your success and help you achieve your goals. You can keep records of measurements like pulse rate, pace, and diet as it can be synchronised with almost every gym tool.
You don’t need to carry your mobile with you to stay connected. If you opt for the cellular version, you can go everywhere with only your watch. It even has a compass built-in, so you can navigate by looking at the display. It can help you navigate precisely with its built-in Maps app.
This device is expensive, but with all of the features and design included, it’s worth it and is one of our most highly recommended watches on the site. Perhaps its only downfall is the battery life. Namely, due to the always-on-display draining it, you get about 17 hours of use before you need to charge again.
- Check out some tips for improving the Apple Watch battery life here.
- Always-on retina display
- Heartbeat and ECG monitoring 24 hours a day.
- Multi-sport tracker
- Health monitor
- Designed cellular connectivity
- Limited battery life
- Check out our full 2021 Apple Watch comparison here.
Garmin Forerunner 235
Garmin is possibly Fitbit’s biggest rival and so deserves its place on a list of Fitbit alternatives. However, Garmin is far more sophisticated and caters to true athletes, whereas Fitbit isn’t quite advanced. Garmins’ cheaper models are probably the best alternatives. Compare it to the likes of the Fitbit Versa 3.
- Find out more about how Garmin and Fitbit compare here.
- Interested in the Fitbit Versa 3? Read our full review here.
The Forerunner 235 is a multi-purpose GPS watch with a plethora of useful features. It includes sophisticated running mechanics such as VO2 max and more. Additionally, wrist-based heart monitoring so you can give your best on a racing day without any worries.
Smart updates, automated accesses, and Connect IQ support for personalised watch faces and applications This watch will approximate your VO2 limit and forecast your race times when combined with your heart rate. Running time info like ground touch time stability, stride duration, and the vertical ratio will help you get in shape too!
It works well with Garmin Connect, which is a companion app. Garmin Connect is a free app that allows athletes to store, schedule, and post their workouts. It will keep records of your workout data and provide you proper guidance following your stats and behaviours, such as movement prompts and other bits of fitness advice. It opens on your laptop or connected smartphone, and you can compete with other people.
While this watch is expensive, we strongly recommend it to athletes and everyone else searching for a built-in GPS watch. The unreliability of software upgrades and the fact that the heart rate sensor isn’t always correct are concerns.
- Excellent GPS built-in
- Running and multi-sport watch
- Innovative running mechanics
- Garmin Connect
- Inconsistent security updates
- Inaccuracy of heart rate sensor
- Read the full Garmin Forerunner 235 review here.
- If you have a little more budget, check out the Forerunner 245 Music here.
- GPS running watch with wrist based heart rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective...
- Customize your watch and your training, larger screen a 44 percentage larger screen than the 225 but...
- Audio Prompts: Receive Audio Prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times....
Xiaomi Mi Band 6
If you’re looking for Fitbit alternatives on a budget, this is similar to models like the Inspire 2.
- Check out the Fitbit Inspire 2 here.
This low-cost fitness tracker provides the best in its price bracket. It comes with pulse monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring and heart rate warning. It also offers sleep time tracking and alerts to help you improve your sleep routine and thus keep you going. Whether you are on the treadmill, workout, outdoor running, swimming, cycling, or simply walking, all are recognised automatically by the activity monitoring. It even keeps track of the calories burned, step count, and the distance travelled.
This fitness tracker is lightweight and rugged, with an AMOLED panel for deeper blacks and more vivid colours. It’s OK to wear it in the shower or monitor your underwater sports as it comes with water resistance up to 50 meters. It features 18mm flexible bands and a rechargeable battery which has impressive 20-day battery life.
You should not expect advanced smart features like phone, message, or even emails because this is just a fitness tracker, not a high-end smartwatch. Its features are still pretty simple, but we believe that it does a good job. At least, exactly what you expect from a fitness tracker with the perspective of its price.
- Low cost
- Heart rate control
- Health and fitness recording
- Long battery life
- There are no smart features
- Interference is somewhat outdated
- Still want to know more? Read the full review here.
- ❤️ Xiaomi band 6 with 1.56" AMOLED Display: The APP has a built-in 130+ full-screen exclusive...
- ❤️Female cycle management and remind: Record the menstrual period, and the bracelet before...
- ❤️Sports modes: For the first time, it supports 19 trendy sports such as high-intensity interval...
Galaxy Watch Active 3
The penultimate watch on our list of Fitbit alternatives and another alternative to the Fitbit Sense.
This watch is sleek, rugged, and always ready for underwater activities. Its offered in a range of colours with interchangeable bands, making it a highly customisable device. It has a long battery life and, after a single charge, can be used for several days without any worries. As it’s linked with your smartphone, you can get phone, message, and calendar updates. Naturally, regarding compatibility, Android devices fare better, but iOS devices can be connected too.
When it comes to activity monitoring, it can recognise six different workouts and log up to 39 exercises manually. It allows you to observe your sleep (including nap) habits and cycles, thus helps you get more comfortable sleep time. It also has a heart rate tracking feature that can give you instantaneous warnings if your heart rate rises or falls abruptly.
Despite the manufacturer’s statement that this watch has a long battery life, several users have complained about short battery life and charging problems.
- Excellent value for money
- Health and exercise tracking
- A Waterproof Smartwatch
- Battery life is a drawback
- Charging problems
- Learn more about the Samsung Galaxy 3 here.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and,...
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get...
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung...
Gear Fit2 Pro
The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro is up to the task if you want to monitor your underwater workouts. It’s water-resistant and ready for aquatic operation. In the pool, the rain and even your bathtub, it will be there monitoring you ever move. Switch on Water Lock Mode to escape any fear of water contact. It can chart your swimming strokes and data because of its water-resistivity of 50 meters.
Spotify allows you to have your favourite playlists just a click away. Up to 500 songs or MP3s can be added. Samsung developed applications in collaboration with Under Armor that enable you to be in healthy competition with your friends by monitoring various workouts whilst also maintaining a healthy diet. This device comes with GPS technology to navigate through and use a heart rate sensor to track your fitness during the day.
Like others, this watch’s battery life is also not great. It lacks battery performance, in the opinion of many users.
- Find out which smartwatches have the longest battery life here.
- 50-meter water resistance
- Up to 500 tracks Spotify storage
- Multi-sport monitoring
- GPS is by-default
- Compromised battery life
- Water resistant up to fifty meters, now you can own the pool, run in the rain and recover in the...
- Power through intervals to the beat of your favorite tracks with music storage on your Gear Fit2 Pro
- Boost every session with fitness apps powered by Under Armour. Count every mile on Map MyRun, and...
There you have it, the best Fitbit alternatives. We’ve tried to keep these alternate suggestions varied to include smartwatches and basic fitness trackers. Regardless, all of them supply you with a wealth of amazing features and serve the purpose of fitness tracking.
Winning the first place on our list of Fitbit alternatives is the Apple Watch because it’s in a league of its own when it comes to health and fitness monitoring with many other features. It is cutting edge, with an always-on retina touchscreen, 24/7 pulse rate, and ECG tracking. Noise control, menstrual scheduling, GPS, and an embedded cellular device (enabling you to take calls and messages even if away from your cellphone) adds to its features.
We have provided you with a catalogue of options according to your budget or needs.
- If you’d like to specifically compare Fitbit models, head to our other article here.
Follow us on social media for the latest smartwatch news and reviews
Last Updated on July 25, 2021